Chapter 13

Your palms began to sweat as your nerves went on overdrive. This was it. The whole reason why you came here this morning. 

"I guess to start off with the obvious, you are our final soulmate. You have no idea how shocked we were when Jeongguk and Taehyung came home a few nights ago saying they found you. We'd given up searching for you a few years ago, just hoping that you'd come find us one day. So forgive us if we are moving too fast, or if it feels like we are pushing you, we are just thrilled that this day has finally come," Namjoon explained, not really knowing what direction to take the conversation. Seokjin must've sensed his confusion, and began to talk. 

"Jeonggukie told us how frightened you seemed that night after he touched you. How you ran away without saying anything. We were worried that he might have harmed or offended you in some way. That's why we sent him to your company to invite you to dinner. We wanted to ask you your view point on this whole situation, and where you wanted to go from here. Me touching you last night was never part of the plan. We all agreed to talk to you and only touch you if you consented, but..." Seokjin's voice trailed off. Jimin rested his head on the elder's shoulder, rubbing his bicep in a soothing manner. 

"We are truly willing to follow your plan, Y/N. This is your prerogative," Hoseok smiled at you, using his hands to gesture at you. 

You chewed on your lip as the boys turned their attention back to you. The weight of their gazes felt like bricks on your chest. You felt suffocated. 

"I...I just..." you stammered unable to form a cohesive thought. 

"Hey, it's alright," a placid voice called from the nearby recliner. Yoongi was leaning forward, elbows braced on his knees, eyes trained on your face. "There's no need to panic. Take all the time you need to think okay? Just take deep breaths, in and out." Yoongi's baritone voice helped pacify the tension in your body. 

The boys waited patiently as you calmed your mind, preparing yourself for the upcoming conversation. The desire to provide you with physical comfort coursed through each member's veins, the pull especially strong for Jeongguk and Seokjin. Still, each of them held back, wanting to respect your boundaries. 

"Ever since I was little, my mother loved my voice. It had always been her dream to see me on stage," you started recounting your childhood, heart paining at the thought of your mother. "She never got to see her dream come to life."

You heard a sharp intake of breath, seeing Jeongguk bury his face into Taehyung's chest in your peripheral vision. All the boys looked at you with soft, sorrowful eyes. 

"When I was eleven years old, my parents were killed in a car accident. I was an only child, so I didn't have any older siblings to look after me. My grandmother took me in, but she was ill as well. We both knew she wouldn't live long enough to take care of me until adulthood." Tears started to fill your eyes as you thought about your past. You stared at your lap, knowing you wouldn't have to courage to keep speaking if you looked up at the boys sitting around you. 

"A few months after I moved in with my grandmother, we heard of auditions for an entertainment company taking place in my town. I wanted to live up to my mother's dream, so I went for the auditions. I also knew that if I passed, I could move to Seoul and have a place to live, even after my grandmother passed away. I got casted as a trainee when I was twelve.

My grandmother supported me the whole time. I didn't want to do the audition if it meant having to leave her. She actually encouraged me to move to Seoul, saying that she could take care of herself, that she wouldn't need my help. We both wanted my mother's dying wish to come true.  

My grandmother died shortly after, while I was in Seoul. Since I was a trainee, I wasn't allowed to go back to see her. She died without anyone there to hold her hand."