Chapter 27

TW: Mentions of abuse, cursing

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/N POV

You woke up in an unfamiliar bedroom. You panicked for a moment, the last thing you remember being sitting outside Hoseok's room, pleading him to listen to you. You looked around the room as the scent of cinnamon and pine emanated from the navy blue sheets. Once your sight caught a bonsai tree in the corner of the room, you knew this was Namjoon's bedroom.

Your heart swelled a little at the thought that he cared enough to not leave you lying on the cold floor. Realizing you fell asleep at the boys' dorm, you reached into the pocket of your hoodie to find your phone, wanting to text the girls and let them know you were alright.

You froze when you found your pocket was empty. You jumped out of bed, searching between the sheets and on Namjoon's bedside table to see if he had taken it out. Still not having found it, you left the bedroom, looking down the hallway to see if you had dropped your phone last night. You started to feel anxious as you couldn't find it. What if your members got worried that they couldn't reach you? 

Your heart dropped. What if Lee had called?

You sprinted down the stairs, eyes searching frantically for your cell phone. You heard voices from the kitchen and walked over, deciding to see if any of the boys had found your phone. 

You were met with the boys sitting in a circle around the dining table, heads bent together as they spoke in hushed whispers. You cleared your throat to alert them of your presence. 

Taehyung's head snapped up first, "Good morning Y/N! Did you sleep alright?" Concern laced his voice. 

You gave him a kind smile, "Yes, thank you for asking. Have you guys by chance seen..." you trailed off as the boys leaned back into their seats. Placed in the center of the table was your phone, face up, screen alight for everyone to see. Judging by the troubled and concerned looks on their faces, you knew something wasn't right. 

No one objected as you reached for your phone, reading the notifications from last night. Your heart stopped as you read the text message, knowing the inevitable had finally happened. They found out. 

You didn't bother to hide the fear this time as you looked up at your soulmates. Loud gasps were heard as the boys noticed terror clear as day on your face. Seokjin shot up out of his seat, coming over to wrap an arm around your shoulder, leading you towards the couches. He sat you down onto the couch, keeping his arm around you as he took a seat next to you. The remaining boys all followed, sitting in the various seats placed around the living room. Surprisingly, it was Yoongi who chose to sit in the other seat beside you. You'd assumed one of the maknaes would race over first, but you gathered from the silent looks they exchanged that they felt the eldests should sit by you, to offer as much comfort as possible. 

"What's going on, sweetheart?" Seokjin asked, his arms wrapped tightly around your shoulders and waist. Yoongi took a hold of your left hand, white light glowing from where your fingers intertwined. 

You took in a shaky inhale, gathering all the courage you'd spent weeks putting together. "My CEO," you said, voice barely louder than a whisper. "He ab-" your throat choked up. "He hurts me."

A sharp intake of breath was heard, but the boys stayed silent, letting you continue. 

"It started in 2014, after the statement Big Hit released regarding you guys being soulmates, and how you were looking for the last one. My company has a database with the soul marks of every idol, in order to prevent fraud or crazy fans trying to spread rumors. When the seven of you came out as soulmates, I was so ecstatic. Ever since my parents passed, all I wanted to do was find my soulmates, since they'd be my new family. My members were so excited for me, they were ready to march up to Big Hit and toss me into your arms," you laughed a little at the precious memory.