New friends and living the dream

A/N: help this character sounds so filler- I tried my best I swear

Maria's POV:
I didn't end up sleeping that night. Between seeing shadows everywhere and theorizing about what happened to gi, it was morning in a few blinks.

"Oh, you're awake!" Karl turned around from the pan where he was cooking. "I didn't even sleep..." I replied, taking in the great smell of something sweet. "YOU DIDNT SLEEP?" Called out a voice from the other side of the room. With a few taps and foot steps, sutan appeared with a pink face mask and two cucumbers on his eyes. "What happened? Should we goto the doctors-" both me and Karl laughed at his endless worrying. "I'm fine. Just slept too much yesterday afternoon." I smiled at him. At that moment, I couldn't understand why I had ever found him threatening to me. "Well, why don't you eat these pancakes and go have some fun. Um. With the bushes outside." Karl prompted. "We're taking you to another show today, and to better not run off at this one." Giving a hearty laugh, he left the pancakes on my table. "Thanks mom." I looked up to him. From the corner of my eye, I could see sutan with a sad expression.

"what do you want from meeeee" a whiny voice came from my phone. "My parents are out for the whole day, gi. You can keep me company." He stared at me like I was insane. "I don't have the time for that- I'm an adult! Go make some friends your age- or whatever." With that, the other line went silent. I sighed. Guess I really was alone for the whole day. I opened the door to get some fresh air, but was surprised to see a girl sitting on the front steps of the house to my left.

She looked like the cliché girl next door. Striking eyes, a great smile, flowy hair. Her cocoa coloured skin shone under the sun. Suddenly, I noticed she was staring back at me. "I've never seen you around before." She said with a small smile. "That's strange, isn't it? Do you parents not let you go outside much?" I stayed silent. "Oh, don't worry if your parents are strict. My mom, she's like a bloodhound. She knows exactly if you've broken a rule." She laughs to herself, and I laugh along with her. "What about your mom? She must be strict if I've been living in the house across all year and I've never even seen you-" I searched for an answer. "I uh... I just got here yesterday..." she looked over at me, intrigued. "What do you mean?" "Oh, my parents. They adopted me." She looked at me with a sympathetic expression. "Well, I haven't even introduced myself. I'm kaliyah." "Um, I'm Maria. Nice to meet you." There was some awkward silence. "You wanna come over and talk? No ones home and it's kind of awkward having a bush between us as we talk..." I asked her.

"Wow, your house is nice." Kaliyah scanned around the area, amused by all the perfectly arranged decór. "Yeah, it is. I was pretty amazed when I got here too." I sat down with two mugs of orange juice. "Sorry. I couldn't find the normal cups." She smiled at me. "It's fine. Say, how old are you? We look about the same age." She a long sip if the orange juice. "I'm 14." She stopped sipping. "So, we are the same age!" I kept studying her. She looked quite friendly and approachable, but also regal and hard to become friends with. "Say, you like drag queens?" She pointed towards a poster of Karl in drag on the wall. "That's my mom. Well, he's a guy but so is my dad, and I had to give them different names." Kaliyah suddenly jolted upwards. "Your dad is manila Luzon?" She asked excitedly. "Yeah. My exact reaction when I found out." I laughed back at her. "That's insane. I've been living next to a celebrity all this time and I didn't even know-" she looked dazed. "You really have it all right now. Well, I don't know about the past, but your house, your parents, and how pretty you are- you're living the dream." I smiled at that thought. As strange as it was, I kind of was living the dream. "I bet we can be friends. I know we can." I suddenly blurred out. She just smiled at me calmly. "Who said that we're not already friends?"