Acknowledgment and Credit to the Beautiful People of 'The Sopranos'

To the hardworking cast and crew of 'The Sopranos,' this is a work made out of love from what you brought to life. Nothing I or anyone does can or will take away from that. Your fans love you so much that they either can't stand to see anyone touch what you created, or outright can't get enough of anything that captures the essence of what you created.

My book is a work of fan fiction, and will never be used for any other purpose other than to bring to life one of many possible universes that sprung from the ending at Holsten's diner. As a fan myself, I can only hope that someday one of you will somehow see this and raise an eyebrow, all the while thinking to yourselves, "What the fuck is this happy horseshit?" And then right after the first chapter titled "12 Years a Slave," the eyebrow comes down and you realize that this is not the work of a fan ranting about what they hope the show could have been or how it would have continued; but rather a deep deconstruction of this world and all the people in it, in which their tales are told without much help from me, although there was a large amount of research.

This is not my creation, and I take no credit for it other than being a messenger of sorts on behalf of these characters that are still so alive, that they've decided to let the world know how they're doing via my hollow head (there's a lot of space there). And if just one of you ever does read this and is happy with how it came out, then I'll have completed the service I felt compelled to do. Or if you're a fan and just wish to see these people again, I hope it feels as real to you as it has to me.
I hope you know my only desire is to say thanks;
thanks from me to the fans for reading and supporting this work,
thanks to the people who actually made this world come alive, from David Chase on down to the woman or man carrying the Sfogliatelle,
thanks to the cast & crew on behalf of the fans,
and thanks to everyone on behalf of these characters that are still very much alive.

- Jim Figueroa
Fan