Chapter six ~ Trevor.

Trevor's Pov-

"Oh yeah, thanks" she simply replied, I just shook my head and looked down at my feet.

Only a few feet away from the house, a small rock came into my view, Adriana a few seconds away from tripping right over it. "Watch-"

Before I could even finish my sentence, Adriana's foot stumbled over it. My arms were quick to stick out and catch her, pulling her around to face me. Her confused green eyes looked into mine, before scanning over my face.

"Will you stop being so clumsy?" I exclaimed, slowly letting go. She let out a huff while straightening out her overalls and looking back up at me.

"Well no one told you to save me" Her hands placed on her hips. My arms shrugged, shaking my head as I began to walk away.

"Alright, I will just let you face plant the floor next time" I pushed open the door, the sweet smell of bacon and pancakes filling my nostrils.

-

"Another busy day on the farm?" Sandra, the local store keeper asked me with a big grin on her face.

I sent her a small smile, placing my can of soda onto the counter. "Not to bad, I've just been teaching Emmie and Keith's granddaughter the ropes around the place" I told her, she smiled while handing me my change.

"Oh yes, Emmie told me that her granddaughter was staying for the summer..Adriana is it?" She asked and I nodded, shoving my change into my back pocket.

"Well, make sure she pops by. I'd love to meet her"

"Sure" I waved at Sandra, the double doors closing behind me. Popping open my soda, I took a sip of it as I pulled open the door to my truck.

My eyes glanced down to my phone, to see a text from my "Mom". - Trevor I'm desperate, please lend me $50.

Ignoring it, I turned my key in my truck and drove back up the hill to the farm. My eyes squinted when I saw Adriana stood by the porch, she had a bright purple dress on which hugged her petite figure well. Checking the time to see it was 10.38pm, I hopped out of the truck which gained her attention.

"Trevor?" She jumped, looking me over.

"Where you of to so late?" I asked, walking towards her.

"A party" she replied, glancing down at her phone.

"But you don't know anyone around here.." My words where cut short when a sleek black bmw pulled into the farms drive way.

Nathan.

I looked back over at Adriana to see her shoving her phone into her purse, her heels clicked along the floor as she began to rush over to the car. "Please don't tell my grandparents" she yelled, pulling open the passenger door.

"Adriana, are you crazy you don't even know the guy"

She completely ignored me, hopping in and slamming the door shut. My head shook as I watched Nathan send me a glare, before zooming off.

•••