Chapter nineteen ~ Horse ride?

Adriana's Pov-

"So, what's on for today?" I smiled at my grandpa. I was still in my silky pyjamas, a glass of iced coffee in my hand.

Another whole week and a half had passed, meaning I have around seven weeks left until I return back to LA. For some strange reason though...the desperation of wanting to go back home, isn't there so much anymore.

Also might I add, about Trevor's mother...well I let Trevor tell my grandparents in private about the whole thing, from what I heard...they were pretty calm about it, they new there was no chance in her taking away the farm. Trevor told them he had sorted it, so there was no need to cause trouble in this beautiful small town.

"Well" Grandpa Keith folded his newspaper, lifting from the bench, by the porch. "The two horses that went for check ups a few days ago, are finally able to get back outside of their stables...I thought maybe you and Trevor could take them for a ride"

Trevor. My stomach flipped as soon as my grandpa said his name aloud. Since we almost kissed last week, I haven't been able to be in the same room as him, without my full face instantly turning red. The chemistry between us has went up, sky high.

I think I'm catching feelings for the boy, I just don't know if he feels the same...

What if I'm getting ahead of myself?

"Grandpa, I don't know how to ride a horse" I cocked my head to the side, pouting.

"It's easy! Plus Trevor will be there to help, now go on..." He gripped my shoulders, turning my body towards the front door. "Go and get ready, it doesn't have to be the usual overalls"

My eyes lit up at those words. "You mean, I can wear my own outfit?" I spun to face him, he nodded and I instantly squealed with excitement.

What? You may be able to change my attitude, but you could never change my fashion sense.

Like seriously, come on.

"But!" He stopped me. "Just nothing to crazy ok, you have to be at least be comfortable on the horse"

I nodded at his statement, pulling away and sprinting up the wooden stairs case.

~
I felt like I was going on a first freaking date, nerves where building up as I finished of my light makeup. The thought of being alone with Trevor after our lips almost touched, is driving me insane.

Taking a deep breath, I looked myself over in the mirror. My outfit consisted of, wet look nude trousers and a matching cropped frilly blouse.

"Now, this is my idea of the perfect nude" I chuckled to myself in the mirror

God, I suck at jokes.

Shrugging it off, I smiled happily while spritzing my favourite perfume onto my neck and wrists, then rushing out of my room.

-
Trevor's Pov-

Drying my hands off, I turned back to face Emmie, she was reading a book, her glasses on the end of her nose. My hands rested in my blue jean pockets, the bottom of my back resting against the kitchen counter.

"Emmie" I muttered, she slowly lifted her head with a smile on her face.

"Yes, darling?" She sat up in her seat, pushing her glasses onto the top of her grey hair.

"I-i.." I shook my head laughing at my own stuttering.

"Is everything ok?" Emmie frowned, the small wrinkles on her forehead becoming a lot more visible.

"Yeah I'm fine, just...ok so, there's this girl"

"Adriana" She cut me off, instantly.

My breath got caught in my throat, "No, I-"

"Listen, boy" she lifted from her seat. "I've seen the way you look at my granddaughter, god I've seen the way she looks at you too!"

"I'm going to tell you one thing, if your heart is telling you something...then there is no reason to be confused, always go with your heart Trevor, always"

I smiled at the beautiful lady who has brought me up, alongside Keith for the past three years.

"Thankyou" I whispered, to which she had no time to reply when the sound of heels clicking caught our attention.

Holy shit.

There stood Adriana in some tight fitting trousers, perfectly hugging her stunning long legs. She beamed at me and Emmie, before nodding her head towards the door.

"Are we going to ride these horses, or what?" She asked, her long hair was pushed back into a pony tail, showing of her round green eyes and cute freckles.

"In those?" I pointed at her white heels, she just simply nodded, like horse riding with heels was completely normal.

This girl, she's crazy.

But she's a good crazy.

I felt Emmie pat my back, I sent her a smile before making my way over to the front door, trying my best to keep my eyes from trailing Adriana's body any longer.

"Ok then, let's go. But if you have a hard time with those heels of yours...remember, I warned you!" My voice called out, holding open the door for Ari.

Her eyes caught onto mine as she slipped passed me, we held straight eye contact as she stepped out of the door, a small smirk stretched across her face as she spun around and strutted ahead of me.

Her head tilted to side a little as she shouted back to me... "I'm sure I will be fine, Trevor"

•••