Chapter fourteen ~ The unknown text

Trevor's Pov-

"So you just chucked him into the pool?" I laughed, shaking my head and locking up my truck.

"He deserved it!" Adriana giggled as we walked towards the house, the sun just starting to set.

"He deserved to be pushed into an ice cold pool for stealing your popsicle?.." My eyebrows raised into the air. "My god Adriana, your such a rebel" I joked, making her roll her eyes.

"I was five years old, ok!" She shoved my chest with both of her hands, my head rolled back laughing at her attempt to push me over.

Our laughter settled down as we walked up the porch steps, I sneaked a side glance at the beauty before me. A smile was spread across her lips, showing of her small dimple. Those wavy golden brown locks of hers, fell around her face in the most casual way.

"I really enjoyed today" She looked over at me, we stopped outside of the door.

A piece of me was so incredibly happy that she didn't judge me, she did the complete opposite and told me not to be ashamed of my past..

No one has ever said that to me before.

"Me too" I stated, honestly.

Her pretty green eyes looked into mine, the height difference between us wasn't to much. I was only around three inches taller than her..those long legs of her's could definitely make her appear on the front of a magazine cover.

Clearing my throat, I pushed open the door allowing her to enter first. She smiled at me before ducking her head under my arm and strutting in, her heels making a clinking sound on the tiled floor.

"You are both back!" Emmie's voice rang out as we entered the kitchen, Keith popped his head out of his newspaper to send us a smile.

"We sure are..do you need any help, Grandma?" Adriana asked, washing her hands in the sink.

I watched as Emmie's eyes widened, looking at both me and Keith before back at Adriana. "Where is my granddaughter and what have you done with her?"

Adriana just laughed, pulling a potato out of the bag and peeling it. I watched her carefully as she began to hum a tune.. Smiling, I shifted my body weight off of the door frame and headed upstairs to shower.
-

Adriana's Pov-

"I can get the-"

"No!" My Grandma Emmie gently tapped my hand.

"Go and change, dinner will be ready soon..you haven't stopped helping me since you got back" She chuckled, waving me off.

"Fine" I sighed, pecking her and my grandpa on the cheek before heading up the stairs.

Reaching the top, my hand placed on the bathroom door handle, slowly pushing it open. A bunch of steam hit me in the face, before a half naked Trevor came into my view..my eyes instantly widening.

A black towel was hung dangerously low on his waist, his hands where occupied brushing back his dark wet hair. His head turned to face me, my cheeks flushing red "I'm uh-sorry" I slammed the door shut, his deep laugh filling my ears from inside the bathroom.

Embarrassed, I strutted to my room with a face as red as tomato and my eyes shut tight.

Face planting my soft bed, I pulled my phone from my pocket to see a message from a unknown number, My eyebrows furrowed as I clicked on the notification.

Unknown: Tell your grandparents to kiss goodbye to their precious farm..

What the hell?

I shook my head, instantly blocking the number. I bet it's one of my friends playing a prank on me.. which is so not funny.

Pushing it to the back of my head, I hopped off of the bed and began searching for some pyjamas.

•••