Chapter thirteen ~ The past...

Adriana's Pov -

Trees and bushes, lots of them..was all I saw.

"I thought you where taking me to a lake, not the middle of nowhere to murder me" I joked, looking over at Trevor.

A small laugh left his mouth before he hopped out of the truck and walked around to my side, pulling open the passenger door. "Come on" he gestured for me to get out.

Thanking him, I slipped out of his truck and watched as he locked the doors and began walking towards the trees. The sound of calm water entered my ears as I followed behind Trevor, he lead me through a trail before my eyes landed on the most beautiful view.

"I think we have come at a good time, it's usually full of people here.." Trevor's voice trailed of behind me as I looked over at the river in awe.

The water was crystal blue, you could see small pebbles that had been thrown in and sunk to the bottom. Two large rocks rested over the top of the river with beautiful red flowers scattered around them.

"It's so pretty" I turned back to face Trevor, he sent me a nod before slowly walking over to one of the large rocks and sitting down. He slipped his shoes of and placed his feet into the water, his blue eyes closing as the sun beamed onto his olive skin.

I soon followed, doing the same. The water was nice and cool, I swished my feet around before looking over at Trevor. "Do you come here often?"

"I used to.." He paused, picking up a pebble and throwing it into the river. "Before it became as popular as it is now"

"I'd love to have something as pretty as this back in LA..I would come all the time" I stated.

"What's it like.." Trevor turned to face me. "Living in such a big place?"

"I mean, I've never known any different..Wait, your telling me you have never been outside of this town?" I asked, shocked.

"Nope, I've never been on vacation" Trevor muttered, looking away.

"Wow, that's crazy.."

All of a sudden, my phone rang making me jump. I pulled it out of my purse, revealing the fluffy pink case it was in. Amy.

"I'm sorry, I have to take this..I will be one second" I lifted from the rock and walked a few meters away from Trevor before accepting the call, pulling the phone up to my ear.

"Hey Girl" Her voice rang through the phone.

"Hey Amy..I can't talk for long. Is it important?" I asked, I could hear loud music in the background.

"No! No" she giggled. "I just wanted to say I love you" she hiccuped, a small chuckle left my lips.

"I love you too, but you are definitely drunk.."

"Me? Drunk?..Never!" She called out, her laugh lingering through the phone.

My eyes looked behind me, Trevor was still sat in the same spot but now shirtless. My eyes widened as I trailed them down his body, his mouth watering abs where glistening in the warm sun.

"Are you listening to me, Ariiii" Amy's voice snapped me back into reality.

Pulling my eyes away from Trevor's body, I replied..
"Yes I'm listening, you need to get a ride home and sober up"

I heard her groan through the phone.

"Fine" She breathed followed by another loud hiccup.

"Text me to let me know you got home safe" i told her before hanging up and walking back over to the rocks.

"Sorry about that" I said, sitting back down.

"No worries"

"So.." I kept my eyes on the river, not daring to look back over and get lost in his toned abs again.

"Your Grandparents took me in when I was fourteen..because my Mom was and still is an alcoholic" He muttered, completely taking me by surprise.

"Trevor, you don't have to-" I looked over at him, my face softening.

"No, I want to..kind of feels good to talk to someone, you know" He half smiled at me, my hand slowly landed on his.

His eyes instantly snapped down to our now intwined fingers..my thumb stroked over his, letting him know I was listening.

Looking back up at me, he took a deep breath before speaking. "For most of life, my sister brought me up. She would be the one who took me to school and cooked my meals..we never new our father" He looked over at the water.

"I've never known my Mom to be sober, she's drank for as long as I can remember" He told me, my thumb still swiping across his hand.

"Belle got older, she left for college and I was alone..until your grandparents found me one night. I was hungry and looking in trash cans for food..I felt embarrassed being fourteen years old and all.." He sighed. "It was your grandpa Keith who found me, he instantly took me back to the farm where I met Emmie"

"It's really complicated to explain the full story..but that's how I ended up working there. They gave me the job and also offered me a roof over my head, which I'm incredibly grateful for. My Mom, she still bothers me asking for money and she still texts Belle all the time.."

"We don't rise to her though..she was never there for us so why should we be there for her?.."

"Trevor, that's heartbreaking-"

"Please" he stopped me, pulling his hand away from mine. "Don't pity me.."

"I-I wasn't going to" I stated.

I watched as his head tilted back, looking up at the blue sky. "I'm a mess, Ari"

"No Trevor. Your not a mess, everyone has a past..some are just worse than others"

My mind was wizzing around. I began thinking about me and how lucky I am to have the things I do and two parents who really care about me..not everyone has that and I should respect and realise that a lot more.

"Thankyou" I whispered, his head turned to face me with a confused look.

"For sharing that. Never be ashamed of it, Trevor..your past is what makes you, you.."

I watched a small adorable smile spread across his lips as he looked down at the ground, a content sigh left my lips as I stared out at the beautiful river.

This guy is making me feel things I've never felt before, it's like I get a sense of comfort around him..

And I think I like it.

•••