Chapter fifteen ~ Holy mother of God

Adriana's Pov-

"Can you believe it's been a whole two weeks since I've been here, already" I stated helping my Grandpa carry silver buckets towards the barn.

"Crazy, huh" He smiled at me, I plopped down the heavy bucket.

"Nine more weeks and I will back in LA, babyyy"  I began swaying my hips while pulling a silly face, making grandpa Keith let out a loud chuckle.

I laughed with him as I danced, stepping backwards while still twisting my body...until I bumped into something hard. My face flushed as I turned to face Trevor, a stupid smirk was spread across his face.

"Nice dancing" He teased, his head cocked to the side.

"Shut up" I spun on my feet, walking back towards the silver bucket I had just placed onto the ground.

"I have to get to the store, Trevor you don't mind helping Ari fill up these buckets with the dry soil do you?" Grandpa looked between us, I watched as Trevor nodded. My grandpa smiled, before strutting away over the hill.

I felt Trevor's eyes burning holes into the back of my head, as I picked up the heavy shovel. Struggling, I raised the shovel and tried to break up the solid soil with it, instantly failing.

"Here, let me help.." I suddenly felt Trevor's warm presence behind me, my full body shivered as his hand landed in my hair, gently pushing it out of his way so he could see over my shoulder.

My eyes watched as his hands slowly trailed down my arms. Tingles shooting through every part of my body as his hot breath fanned my soft skin, whispering "Ready?" into my ear. I nodded and his hands landed on top of mine, both of us now holding the shovels handle.

His chin rested on my shoulder, his manly cologne filling my nostrils. I bit down hard on my lip as his thumb gently traced my hand, before slowly pulling the shovel into the air, his grip on my hands tightened as we brought it down.

Both our bodies pressed way to close together as we slammed the shovel into the ground, it made a loud crunching sound, the soil instantly breaking into to pieces.

Trevor's hands hovered on mine for a few seconds before he slowly pulled away..."Like that" His voice filled my ears, as he stepped away from me.

Holy. Mother. Of. God.

Glancing down at the now broke up bits of soil, I closed my eyes composing my thoughts. As I opened my eyes, I watched from the corner of my eyes as he grabbed another shovel and began scooping the soil into one of the buckets.

My gaze landed on his tattoos..a smile spread across my face as I finally had a subject to change to, pulling me out of the hot mess I was in.

"Do they mean anything" I broke the silence, his head turned to face me. "Your tattoos" My finger pointed towards them.

"One does..." His free hand began tracing the patterns on his bicep, landing on the word faith.

"This means...well exactly what it says" a small laugh left his mouth, a smile stretched across my face as I got a good view of his two dimples.

"I've always held onto the word, from being a kid I've always had to have faith and trust..I had to at least believe that something good was going to happen in my life eventually..."

I frowned, how someone could let him down like his own mother did, really upsets me.

I've never been one for tattoos, but Trevor...well lets just say he was changing my opinion on a lot of things recently, one of them so happening to be the black ink tattoos that filled his arm.

-

"No, stop!" I chuckled, gently shoving my Grandpas arm, Grandma Emmie and Trevor tilted their heads back laughing.

I placed my head into my hands, shaking my head. My grandparents where deciding to tell my most embarrassing childhood stories to Trevor. I slumped into my seat, a grin on my face as I swallowed down my food.

The laughter soon died down, as we all began talking about something new. Giggling at a joke my Grandpa told me, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

A confused look on my face, I pulled it out under the table to see an unknown number...again.

"Um, do you mind if I just go and call my friend a moment? It's important" I forced a smile onto my face.

"Of course, don't be to long! Your food will go cold" My grandma said, I nodded as I lifted from the chair.

Trevor's eyes fixed on me, almost like he was trying to read me. His dark eyebrows furrowed, he so new something was up...

Pulling my gaze away, I trotted down the hallway.

My eyes squinted as I read over the text, a gasp leaving my lips.

Unknown- Blocking my number isn't going to make me go away, Adriana.

Me- Who ever you are, this is so not funny.

My eyes eagerly watched my phone, waiting for a reply. As soon as my phone dinged, I flinched before glancing at the screen.

Unknown- I actually find it very amusing, but I hate texting. Meet me by the local diner tomorrow, 5pm.

Me- And if I don't?

Unknown- Then your grandparents will face the consequences. Come alone.

My hands shook as I read over the message, jumping as soon as I felt a hand on my shoulder. Quickly, I spun around to face a very confused Trevor.

"Hey, are you okay?" He looked me over.

I let out a breath, nodding. "Yeah" I fake laughed. "Just friend trouble" I gently moved passed him, making my way back into the kitchen.

What do I do?

•••