Chapter eighteen ~ 'I'd like to try something'

Adriana's Pov-

The drive home was silent, apart from the music playing on the radio. I would find myself opening my mouth to say something, but closing it again afraid I'd say something wrong.

I glanced over at Trevor as he pulled into the farms driveway, his hand ruffled through his thick dark hair before running along his face. I snapped my head away from him, slowly pushing open the passenger door and hopping out.

From the corner of my eye, I watched as he locked up the truck and just stood, staring up at the glowing full moon. "Trevor, you don't have to feel embarrassed around me" I whispered, I watched as his shoulders relaxed, his back was to me as he still looked up.

I slowly walked over to him, standing beside him, also stretching my head up to look at the night sky. "If only down here was as peaceful as it looks up there" My soft voice called out, I watched Trevor nod.

A few moments of comfortable silence passed by, the sound of Trevor taking a deep breath broke it. He stepped back, resting his body weight on the side of his truck. "I can't believe what I said back there" He muttered, looking down at his feet.

"Hey, don't feel guilty ok? What you said, doesn't make you a bad person...it does the opposite, it shows how much of a strong guy you are, standing up to her like that"

"You couldn't hold onto the hurt forever..."

He paused for moment before muttering "Yeah, I guess your right"

"I'm always right!" I saw the corner of his lips turn upwards when the words left mouth, making me chuckle to myself.

His eyes locked with mine. "How long was she texting you?"

I looked away from him, kicking the small rocks on the farms driveway. "A couple days"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"She was threatening to hurt my grandparents Trevor, I couldn't" I looked up to see him nod, understanding.

"Well, I'm sorry-"

"No, don't you dare apologise for her actions" I stopped him, my hand landing on his arm.

His eyes snatched towards it, before slowly landing onto my gaze. I felt hot and sweaty as his beautiful blue eyes traveled my face, a small smile on his face.

"Ok" He whispered.

A unfamiliar feeling of want filled me as my eyes traveled down to his kissable lips, I gulped as he wet them a little. My eyes pulled back up to his, watching as he pulled his hands from his jeans pockets and slowly strode towards me.

"Your doing something to me, Adriana Smith" His voice came out husky, his right hand gently rested on my now bright red cheek.

His minty breath fanned my lips as he leant in close, his thumb stroking my cheek while his crystal blue eyes traveled back and forth from my eyes and lips, getting closer and closer.

"I'd like to try something..." His voice barley audible.

My breathing got heavier as his face got closer to mine, our noses now brushing against each others.

Our trembling lips, seconds away from touching.

When...suddenly the door flew open, both of us quickly pulled away from each other. My head snapped in the direct of the door, my grandma Emmie stood with her hands on her hips.

"Are you guys coming in? It's getting late" She called out, I glanced at Trevor once more before walking towards her, soon hearing his footsteps following behind me.

Did we really almost just freaking kiss?

•••

<3 you all🕊🤍

<3 you all🕊🤍