Chapter sixteen ~ Meeting the threat

Adriana's Pov-

Amy was blabbering on about something, on the other end of the call. To be completely honest, I really wasn't listening to her. My eyes just kept flickering to the clock, dreading 5pm. It was 4.32pm and my heart began pounding, my mind battling with itself...should I go, should I not?

No. I need to go, for the sake of my grandparents.

I can't let anything happen to them.

Ever.

It was crazy, feeling so protective over them. I'm starting to think my parents really did make the right decision about sending me here, thinking about my spoilt self all the time wasn't becoming an option anymore, thinking about others was.

"Yeah um anyway Ames, I've got to go" I plastered a smile on my face, looking at her confused face on my phone screen.

"What! But we only just called like fifteen minutes ago" Her bottom lip pouted outwards.

"I know, sorry..I'm busy, I will call you tomorrow" and with that I ended the facetime call, giving her no time to question me.

Straight away I googled the number for the uber company around here, taking a deep breath and dialling the number, I booked it to take me to the diner.

One way or another, I need to find out who is sending me those texts, threatening my grandparents and their farm.

Let's do this.
-

Trevor's Pov-

"Oh hey, Trev" Alisa's voice called out, she strutted towards me as I sat down in the diners booth.

"I'm heading out. Lacey is working today though, she will be over to get your order soon" she told me, her eyes looking at the empty seat opposite me.

"No Adriana today?" She smirked.

"Thanks Alisa and Nope" I simply replied.

She stared at me for a little, her eyes squinting. "Never thought I'd see the day" she suddenly said.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh you know, just how you never bring girls out to eat with you...but Adriana was in here with you last week" She prodded my shoulder, making me roll my eyes.

"I was just showing her around town Alisa, she's Mr and Mrs Wilson's granddaughter, you know that" I scratched the back of my neck, she just stared at me before letting out a low giggle.

"Whatever you say, Trev" she ruffled my hair before walking away.

Shaking my head with a small smile on my face, I gazed out of the glass window. My eyebrows instantly furrowed when I saw the all to familiar, golden brown haired and green eyed girl, Adriana. She hopped out of an Uber holding her purse close to her chest.

Something didn't feel right, just from the way she was acting. As she walked towards the entrance, her eyes worriedly scanned around the whole parking lot. She soon pushed open the door, and rushed over to one of the booths.

I was in the far back corner, there was no way she would see me. I watched in confusion as she began checking her phone and then nervously twiddling with her thumbs.

Why was she here alone? She hardly knows the place.

The bell above the diners door went again, but I didn't bother to look. I was to focused on Adriana, I was about to lift from my seat and go and see if she was ok...when someone plopped down in front of her, her head instantly snapping up.

My gaze left her and landed on the person who was now sat opposite her. Wait, what?

Is that...my mother?

•••

So Trevor's mother huh!?Also, I managed to write this chapter why the baby I am babysitting is having a nap😂

Also, I managed to write this chapter why the baby I am babysitting is having a nap😂