4//Start of Year 6//4

𝔸𝔹𝕆𝕌𝕋 𝔸 𝕄𝕆ℕ𝕋ℍ ℙℝ𝔼𝔾𝔾𝔼ℝ𝕊

"We're going back already! And just to think next year is our last year."Hermione said in disbelief when you two were packing your things.

"Yeah, and next year I'll have a mini me and Fred running around." You said.

"I still can't believe how well Molly took it. Okay yeah sure she yelled at the two of you but she still took it way to well." She said and you nodded in agreement.

"Sirius took it way better as well. Probably the best. He wasn't mad or anything, he was shocked. But he and Arthur were the ones who got Molly to understand." You said and sighed a bit.

"Have you practiced that cloaking charm?" Hermione asked.

"Yep, I've got it all under control. Here near the end of the year, near the end of 6 months going to 7, I am going to have to do my schoolwork in my dorm. It's going to be hard to hide it then." You said.

"I was also so looking forward to being quidditch team captain this year. I got Harry to accept the job instead and Ginny Co Captain." You said.

"I'm sorry about that." Hermione said.

"Nonsense," You said, "I'm okay, I really am. I'm happy that it wasn't such a fuss and I get to protect this one." You placed a hand on your stomach.

"I can't wait until you start to show." She said and giggled.

You chuckled and rolled your eyes, "Of course you can't." You said.

-
"Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts!" Dumbledore said as you were all sitting in the Great Hall.

"We have a new professor, Professor Slughorn. He will be the new Potions Master and Professor Snape will be the Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher." Dumbledore said and your eyes widened a bit.

You weren't surprised, you just remembered what happened last year with Umbridge.

Maybe you should ask him why he defended you.

"That will be all!" Dumbledore said and waved his hand and the food appeared on the table.

"That can't be good," Ron said, "Snape as the new DADA teacher. Blimey, kill me now."

"I'm sure it won't be that bad." You said.

"I think you're mental." Ron said and you chuckled.

"I never told you guys this, but last year when Umbridge used the cruciatus curse on me," You started, "He tried to defend me. Instead of letting it happen, he actually defended me."

"Why would he do that? I thought Snape hated us," Harry said.

"I did too, maybe he doesnt." You said, "Either way, if he does or doesn't. He still defended me and I intend to find out. Tomorrow after DADA."

"Just be careful." Hermione said.

"Yes, I will be." You said.

-
It was the  very next day and of course you were waiting until everyone was out of the class so you ask Snape why he protected you.

"Potter? Is something wrong?" He asked in his normal monotone voice.

"Not other than the usual problems," You said, "but I wanted to ask you a question."

Snape looked at you and gave you a nod urging you to continue.

"Last year in Umbridge's office. You protected me. I know you're my professor and you should protect every student but this was different, sir. I wanted to know why you did it."

Snape sighed and looked away with a sorrowful look on his face.

"The night of your parents death, I was there." He said and your eyes widened a bit.

"I came into the house and saw you and your brother crying and your mother on the floor, dead."

"I looked at you and your brother and I saw how much your brother looked like your father."

"And then I saw you, you were a spitting image of your mother. You still remind me so much of her. I miss her everyday."

"I vowed to myself that day that I would forever protect you. I hated myself for letting Umbridge do that to you last year. I regret it, I just hope you can forgive me."

You looked at him and nodded, "I do."

Then he smiled.

Wait.

Hold the fuck up.

He smiled?

Yep.

Okay then...