Chapter Twenty-One: Pride

"Saraphina, dear heart!"

Asman looked to where said Guard was walking swiftly up towards the Queen before both were wrapped in a hug.

"Grandmother, how are you?" Saraphina smiled, her voice partially blocked from it being facing a wall, but Asman was sure that was what he heard.

So when Rossnan called her princess it was not a joke. Saraphina was actually a princess. It did not shock Asman, per say, but it was something he had not even thought of before. Saraphina was very masculine and was not shy about her love for women; both her and Dahlia had also not been shy about the ongoing sex between them.

The two exchanged pleasantries while Asman focused his attention back to where he was, taking in the room and the ruler at its throne.

The ceilings were high, with large glass windows behind the ever large throne. The seat itself being a deep Isadren blue and dull silver steel. There was a rug laid out all the way up the stairs and beneath the claw footed legs of the throne, though it was black instead and thick beneath Asman's boots. He felt oddly bad standing on it and perhaps getting it dirty.

The royal woman standing in front of the throne was beautiful also.

The Queens gown was a deep red, with lace wrapping the bodice in the same color. Thick lined sleeves draped down to her wrists, that along with her neck, ears, and fingers, held gorgeous jewelry. The gems and stones within them catching on the candlelight within the room.

Her hair was grey, and her face wrinkled with age, but she still held an aura of the brilliantness reserved for being a Queen; that which was clear from the silver circlet crown placed gently on the short curls of her hair.

"You must be Asman. It is so nice to meet you after all these weeks. I am Queen Kelnua of Isadren."

Asman snapped his gaze up to finally meet the Queens, before realizing he was taking too long to answer and sputtering.

"I-It is nice to meet you too, your highness." Asman spoke as confidently as he could and bowed, his hands clasping behind his back.

"We have a lot to talk about do we not?" The Queen chuckled a bit, Asman noticing that Saraphina had begun walking over to a side room quickly. "Stulvon, as nice as it is to see you, your husband has been a pain in my arse ever since we heard the Guard was close. Go see him, would you?"

Stulvon snorted and nodded to the Queen before patting Asman on the back then walking back the same way as Saraphina. Asman had not known Stulvon had a husband, but then again, he knew little about the quiet man.

Asman glanced nervously around the room, finding only him, the Queen, and maybe four guards in the throne room.

"Asman, come sit, would you?" The Queen sighed as she sat down gently on one of the steps up to the throne, patting the place next to her easily.

He swallowed and nodded, rushing forward to follow her orders. His hands unclasped around his back and clasped again in his lap, his eyes focused on the black surface they sat on. Asman felt so on edge, unaware of what was considered disrespectful when speaking with a Queen.

"I imagine this must be very different than where you were just a month ago, yes?" Queen Kelnua smiled gently, her hands mirroring Asman's.

"Yes, ma'am." He whispered and nodded back.

"You can just call me Kelnua, if that makes this easier. I know the subjects we will be speaking of are rather personal." Queen Kelnua said with a sad smile, her gaze directed at Asman even if the latter was too scared to return it.