chapter three

athena, belle, and ivy had been trying to get edmund to calm down all morning. as much he didn't want to admit it, he was terrified for the first quidditch game of the year. not only was he playing for the first time in a real game, his older brother was one of the most well known quidditch stars from hogwarts.

"you are going to do great, eddie." athena reassures him with her soft spoken words and places a hand over his on the table. edmund lets out a small breath and stares at the girls before him.

he was snug in his yellow uniform, which brought him some sort of confidence. athena had on her usual yellow and tried to possibly wear more yellow to support her team. edmund had even convinced ivy to wear yellow socks to help support him.

"your little boyfriend won't know about the socks, ivy. and if says something about it, it just proves his jealously for our secret relationship." edmund had said to her and earned a hard slap to the shoulder. he just smiled in return.

"if you lose this game, at least it won't be hard to recover from. as if the ravenclaws weren't at the bottom of the food chain." ivy said with a hard smirk planted on her face. belle rolled her eyes, fixing the blue scarf she wore. they all laughed.

"we are going to be there cheering you on." athena removes her hand from his and stands up. edmund smiles at the brown haired girl, thanks them all with a nod, and leaves the room in a swift motion.

"this is going to be entertaining, yeah?" ivy lowers her voice when speaking and follows him out the door. the other two girls just giggle and exit the room.

the girls all stand within the crowd of people yelling and waving their hands in the air. the air was brisk and everyone was lightly trying to get some sort of body heat. ivy had already mentioned the color of athena's cheeks and cute her little nose looked when it was bright pink. ivy would have died if someone heard her say something soft like that.

the ravenclaws came out first, causing a loud eruption in the crowd. the ravenclaws were screaming from the top of their lungs once their team started to fly around and shove their fists in the air. ivy just loudly booed them, earning a small shove from belle.

next, the hufflepuffs started to fly out and athena instantly noticed edmund. she grabbed onto ivy and belle and yelled at the top of her lungs for him. the other girls quickly started to yell out his name with pride. they watched as he flew around with a large smile on his face and even blew a kiss to a girl in the crowd.

when everyone had seemed to calm down, both captains of the team met in the middle. athena could feel heat from her body arise when she saw cedric. or what she could see of him because he was quite far below. the captains shook hands, athena could see cedrics smile all the way above, and the game begun.

within the first ten minutes, the hufflepuff team was in the lead and the girls kept making comments on how cocky edmund had started to become. he had been throwing elbows all game and causing a little bit of trouble. ivy laughed at this.

"our little hufflepuff isn't so soft anymore." ivy said loudly over the wind, a large evil smile on her lips. they both shook their heads as they wrapped their scarfs closer to their neck.

athena had begun to notice that one of the ravenclaw boys was really trying to go for edmund. he had been flying next to him, elbowing him, and was just being really aggressive for no apparent reason. she tried to tell her self that it was just apart of the game. edmund could handle it. and as soon as she thought those words, edmund was shoved off his broom and fell straight to the ground.

a large wave of panic flew over the worried girl. watching your friend fall straight from the sky and hit the hard ground was not a fun sight to witness. the entire crowd gasped as it happened, and got silent when he didn't move from the grass.

athena had started to really panic as she watched him and saw that he was just not moving.

"why isn't he moving?" she says, grabbing onto belles arm. "what can we do? should we go down there?" worry was painted over the three girls faces, as well as everyone in the crowd. athena started to look around frantically until ivy grabbed her hand.

"look, cedrics got him." ivy points to the helpless boy and the golden boy. athena watches closely as cedric flys down quickly and grabs him by his shoulders. he was obviously speaking to him and the crowd when silent; as if they could hear the conversation.

within a few seconds of silence, edmund stands back up with the help of cedric, who was holding him closely. the crowd starts to roar as edmund confidently sticks his hand in the air and shakes his fist.

"oh thank merlin." belle and athena say in sync and release the grasp they didn't know they had on each other. they look to each other and smile widely and begin to cheer with everyone.

"what a bloody idiot." ivy says with a closed smile on her face before she begins to clap loudly. athena swears that she saw cedric turn around and look at her with a thumbs up in the air.

hufflepuff won that game. it didn't take long for cedric diggory to catch the snitch that flew through the air at a rapid pace. after the game, the girls quickly exited the crowd so that they could find their boy and congratulate him.

edmund had been high fiving multiple people when they finally came across him, his ego appeared bigger than his own head. he instantly brought a large smile to his face when he spotted the girls running towards him.

"i knew you could do it, you idiot!" athena says loudly over the cheers and pride being melted through the halls. edmund laughs as she throws her body into his and he just spins her around in a swift motion.

"you know what, ed? you are as dumb as i thought." ivy laughs and wraps her arms around his shoulders with a large smile. edmund laughs loudly and squeezes her small frame within his.

athena watches them as they embrace one another and begins to scan the crowd around her quickly. she heavily enjoyed seeing all the happy faces and joy that was settled within the groups of people around her. her heart began to race as she locked eyes with the quidditch captain, who was already looking at her.

"good job out there!" the words exited her mouth quickly as she started to walk over to him. she didn't even realize she had started to walk closer to him. cedric was having that same goofy smile from before across his face. athena noticed quickly that his face was softly red and pink from the cold air outside. she also didn't notice when he hugged her tightly.

she didn't know if it was from the high of the winning or not, but she did not know that her and cedric diggory would be hugging tightly at his big win. he smelt like warm vanilla, and pine needles, she thought. athena wanted to tell him how impressed she was with how well he could fly, and how hard it must've been to catch the snitch, and how cute he looked while he was focused in the air.

"i'm just glad wood is alright after that fall." he says as he pulls away from her. his brown hair was messier than the fall edmund had taken. athena still thought he looked cute and she thought about how much of a cedric diggory that was to say. he cared more about his teammates than he did winning the game. "i bet that was hard to watch from up there."

"it was quite terrifying if i'm honest." athena lets out a small laugh with her words and tries to not break eye contact with the taller boy. it was terrifying to watch, knowing she couldn't do anything to help him. she wanted to thank cedric for being there for him when she couldn't be, but she didn't want to be weird about it.

"i like it when you're honest with me." cedric has a small smirk on his face as he speaks, also not breaking any sort of eye contact. and with those words, cedric walks back into the crowd of people cheering his name.