chapter ten

cedric diggory begun to notice that part of him was beginning to feel different. his entire week had been spent with athena rosewood, edmund wood, ivy roots, and belle lavender. cedric had figured out that edmund never took anything seriously, ivy laughed the loudest, and belle was only her true self with her friends.

he figured out that athena loved pulp in her orange juice, she loved strawberries more than anything, she liked to have her pinky in the back when holding hands, she had a strong relationship with her parents, and that she heavily enjoyed classical music.

cedric diggory noticed that athena rosewood often covered her face when she laughed, she liked to walk beside people in groups, she struggled to tie a tie, she had a scar on her left hand, and a freckle directly below her right eye.

the love struck boy also noticed that his heart raced when she looked up to him, he felt dizzy when he made her laugh, he couldn't stop his eyes when they glanced to her lips, and he felt numb in his knees when she would lean her soft head on his shoulder.

"ced." a voice suddenly spoke and cleared the thoughts buzzing around in his head. cedric looked to his side to meet his friends eyes. "you haven't glanced at that book once, mate." karey kingston said to him.

"oh yeah, sorry." cedric realized he hadn't even opened the brown book yet. the library that stood in hogwarts was quite old and dusty, but it definitely fit the school. although old, the library still held that class charm. when you came here, you wanted to study.

cedric and karey had been in the library all afternoon. they were studying on different subjects in order to prepare for future quizzes and tests. cedric was quite intelligent and always perfectly passed his classes, but he enjoyed studying to humble himself. to further his knowledge.

"where have you been recently?" kingston unexpectedly asks, causing cedric to look away from his book once again. the expression drawn on his friends face was showing some sort of concern.

"quidditch practice? the common room?" by reading kingstons expression, this appeared to be the answer he wasn't looking for. "what are you on about?" cedric didn't know what he meant by that, he's hadn't left hogwarts recently.

"mentally, ced. physically also, i guess. i don't see you much around anymore." cedric's thoughts immediately tried to get ways to defend himself but kingston was speaking the truth. cedric had been more distant from his quidditch teammates, but not on purpose. but also on purpose at the same time.

his eyes danced around the room while he opened his mouth to speak, but couldn't think of what to say. his heart started to feel bad for being like this, but he didn't think it would effect others like this.

"is this something to do with athena rosewood? people have been speaking of you two." cedric hadn't really told his friends about his feelings for athena but he also felt like he didn't need to. not in a way in which he didn't want to tell his close mates, but he didn't know if he wanted to say it out loud just yet.

"honestly, yes." the two boys locked eyes in the library. neither of them spoke for a moment.

"i'm not mad, mate. if she is making you happy, i want that for you. i just wish you would tell me about this!" kingston punched cedric's shoulder lightly with a bundled fist, which caused the boys to chuckle to each other and break any sort of tension. cedric knew he could be candid with his close friend.