chapter eleven

ivy roots had quickly walked belle to the ravenclaw common room before slipping away. belle kept questioning ivy about why she wanted to walk all the way to the fifth floor with her since the slytherin rooms were technically located below ground level.

"for your protection." ivy would say to her light-haired friend with a classic soft slytherin smile. belle also mentioned how interesting it was that the prefect bathroom was also located on his floor, which easily could have been a coincidence. ivy laughed at belle, knowing that she could always figure out the truth.

the two girls wished each other a sweet goodnight before ivy basically bolted towards the prefect bathroom down the hall. the sounds of her shoes clicked loudly as she walked, sending an echo through the entire hallway. she couldn't care less though because she knew if someone heard her, she could easily lie her way out. over four years of sneaking around had caught her this skill.

"draco," ivy lowered her voice as she stepped into the room, her icy eyes desperately scan around for any sort of movement. "are you here yet?"

the bathroom was hauntingly silent. you could hear some sort of pipes, but other than that, not anything at all. the only sound around her was the sound of her breathing and once again, her feet against the cold tiles.

"ivy?" a soft voice responded back to her and a few seconds later, another sound of shoes echoed through the walls. the nerves in ivy instantly died as she began to follow where the voice came from.

draco appeared from around the corner with a hard expression across his face, it instantly disappeared when their eyes met. a large smiled appeared and draco walked to where ivy was standing, immediately wrapping his arms around her waist.

"how are you, love?" draco leaned his head onto her shoulder, holding her tightly against his own body. ivy couldn't help but smile and wrap her arms around his shoulders.

"i'm good, draco. how are you?" he pulled away, keeping his hands around her, and scanned his face with his eyes. a smile still remained upon his face as he looked to her cheeks, her lips, her nose, and her eyes.

"better now." ivy let out a loud laugh, causing draco to brighten his smile. he pressed a small kiss to her lips and then another one.

"why are you looking at me like that, draco malfoy." there was heat against her cheeks as he stared. she was used to his intense looks at her, but her stomach still grew butterflies.

"i tend to forget how beautiful you actually are." ivy let out a loud laugh again and pushed her hands against his chest. he stepped a few steps back with a smirk across his face and then immediately found her waist once again.

"you are so cheesy, you know that?" he started to press kisses to her cheeks and mumbled in agreement. ivy giggled as he did this, hoping that no one in the hall could hear their loud laughter.

anyone who knew ivy roots and draco malfoy would have never guessed that the two would be so giggly and affectionate. they both held such attitudes all day and never waster their time with people they didn't deem worthy but when it was just them, they were just two teenagers deeply in love.

they had been sneaking around for the past four years together. most people had no idea of their relationship unless they paid extremely close attention to details. they tended to avoid one another during the day, every once in a while they would lock eyes and fight off a smile.

although ivy was full-blooded and she was in slytherin, but they both had things going on in their life that needed to be hid. draco was constantly fighting battles with himself and the choices his family caused him to make. everyone hated draco for the most part.

but after years of long fights and screaming arguments, ivy had learned that draco was not who the people played him out to be. sure, draco was selfish and rude. not even ivy could deny that. draco used to be mean to ivy every day when trying to push her away.

"you should hate me. i can't be there for you." draco would say to her for a year straight. ivy would always walk away but then the next day, they would both be back. their relationship was toxic for a while, neither of them wanting to be intimate with someone else, but after years of building, the walls finally fell down.

ivy could never tell anyone why she kept going back but people would probably say it was because she had never felt love like that before.

ivy and draco both lived separately in horrible homes. draco had a family of pure evil, basically, and dreaded having to live his life for them. ivy had the same. her parents were both followers of voldemort and had enough money to buy almost every country.

their families were friends or were as friendly as cold-hearted parents could be. they spent at least one holiday together during the year, but they made it awfully clear that they were too young to be in love with others. they had it drilled in their heads that far more important things were to be made than love.

their parents had no idea about their relationship. they planned to keep it that way until they couldn't anymore.

draco and ivy constantly came back together when things were rough because they needed one another. they both found the love they lacked within each other. they eventually stopped fighting every week but instead cherished the time they had, never knowing when it will end.

"can i ask you a question, love?" draco placed his cold hand against ivy's warm cheek, holding her face within it. he ran his thumb across her cheek, admiring how smooth her skin felt. ivy smiled.

"anything." their voices echoed between the concrete walls. ivy always found herself admiring the golden mermaid that sat within the glass window on the wall.

"do you ever get tired of this?" his thumb still traced the warmth within her cheeks. draco gently tucked a piece of her dark hair behind her ear. his eyes followed down to her neck, his eyes sparkled when he saw the pearl necklace he had gotten her last year.

"everyday." tired wasn't even the correct word to describe how exhausted they were from this secret relationship. they didn't want to sneak around. they had both spoken about how much they wanted to sit together in the common room, how badly they wanted to kiss each other on the way to class, how much they would love to spend every meal together.

"i wish things were different." the smile on his face had faded away by this point. a sense of sadness lingered in his eyes. ivy sighed loudly and glanced at the green plaid tie he wore.

"i know. me too." she put on a fake smile for her troubled boy. she wanted to constantly make him feel loved and wanted to make sure he was always smiling, but the only way she could was when they were together at night.

they could be together if the students and staff at hogwarts didn't know their parents. they couldn't care less about what the other students thought of their relationship but if their parents had found out, they would be done for.

"i'll make things different one day. i love you, but you know that." draco said after a long pause. a large smile appeared across his pale lips shortly as the words left his mouth.