chapter twenty-one

the rosewood house would not be described as quiet in the morning. athena was quite quiet herself when waking up, slowly stretching, slowly smiling, mumbling softly.

the morning for athena, cedric, and belle started when loud yelling from downstairs filled the house. a few seconds later, cedric and athena left her room to peer down to the other floor.

"good morning," belle yawned through her words with a tiny grin as she glanced down at the two brunettes. her hair, almost as light as the snow, was tied up in a long ponytail with multiple pieces hanging out.

"good morning." cedric replied peering up to her, mirroring the grin on her face. as fast as their tired bodies could, they walked downstairs to join the chaotic energy beginning to be seen.

as they walked into their kitchen, cedric's hand lazily resting on athena's back, they couldn't help but smile. an unknown song played on their grey radio as penelope and aurora danced together.

aurora was ignoring edmund trying to make small talk with her while laughing to herself, while ivy and mrs rosewood stood by the stove gossiping. athena's dad stood in front of the dancing girls with a bowl in his hands, swaying back and forth.

the voices seemed to die down when they finally appeared, but quickly picked back up when they spotted the sleepy trio.

"good morning, darlings!" mrs rosewood said from her spot, and gesturing for them to walk over. once they sat down, all the attention came on the 3 of them. everyone greeting them, asking how they slept, and then suddenly there was a loud discussion about when edmund almost died in the backyard first year because he was trying to fly but wasn't any good.

many loud laughs were shared as they reminisced on their pasts, bringing up old memories, including cedric in every way they could. athena's parents would ask cedric about his school experience just to keep him in the conversation.

a few moments of laughter turned into a long breakfast, all of them eating pancakes and different fruits prepared by the rosewoods, all of them smiling constantly.

cedric admired the way athena's family cared so much about other people. one of the three sisters or two parents were either asking, "are you okay?", "does it taste alright?", "did you sleep well?", "did we wake you?"

they cared so much of the well being of others, they were constantly being so kind without even realizing it because that's what they did. that's how they were raised, and that's how their kids will be raised. to give more than you receive, so cedric was determiners to give her more.

"he said he would meet us at the three broomsticks but i don't see him anywhere." ivy hugged her black jacket closer to her freezing body, her eyes squinted as she looked for a blonde boy. the group looked around, probably looking ridiculous, until they spotted him inside from a window.

draco smiled instantly when his eyes met with ivy's and his smile remained as he looked to the rest of the group with his hand waving.

"hello darling," draco said as he stood up, kissing ivy's cold cheek. "how is the trip to athena's going?" he held the chair for ivy as she sat and pushed it in, sitting closely beside her after.

"it's going splendid, except for i have yet to make athena's sister my wife." edmund sat down quickly beside belle, who sat across from ivy. athena rolled her eyes to him while everyone else chuckled quietly to themselves.