chapter six

cedric diggory passed by athena, ivy, and belle as they left potions. they did not usually look like their loud, happy selfs. this scared cedric for what potions class was about to be.

he met up with his quidditch friend, karen kingston, and entered the classroom. a few minutes early, of course. a few of his friends were in there, a few people who he didn't really chat to also.

edmund wood was in his class. edmund usually sat with a small group of hufflepuffs that sat near cedric. he would often hear wood making puns or small jokes behind him, most days he would let out a small laugh at his words.

draco malfoy, cho chang, and dracos little friend group were also in attendance. cedric could never read draco and his mindset. he was quite the hateful person, which is why he never understood why ivy was with him.

yes, cedric knew all about the two slytherins sneaking off and having some sort of relationship. being a prefect, cedric often strolled the halls at night to see if curfew was being broken by some students. he usually would just give anyone a small warning with a smile.

but every so often, he would hear the sound of giggling and ivy's loud shoes. cedric could always spot draco's platinum blonde hair and ivy's black hair following as they held hands and snuck around at dark hours of the night. he was a softy for love, so he never brought it up to them. cedric liked to think draco knew what he did for them, and that's why draco was never really mean to him.

"class." severus snape snickers from the front of the classroom, snapping every student out of a trance. everyone respected the potions master and didn't dare to cross him.

after a few moments of explaining the lesson today, snape asks questions about the well known love potion, amortentia. even though any sort of love potion was banned from hogwarts, students still managed to prank each other with it.

a gryffindor explained the causes and effects of the angelic appearing potion as snape paced the front of the class. cedric admired the candles that were lit around the classroom for a moment.

"go ahead, you all should know what to do." the potion master states before sitting down in a large chair at the front of the classroom. he started to write things down, not even looking up at the students.

kingston and cedric quickly worked together to form their potion. ashwinder eggs, rose thorns, peppermint, powdered moonstone, pearl dust, and rose petals. a gryffindor close to the boys had put the wrong ingredients, causing a small green mist to float through the air for a moment. her cheeks were bright red as she looked to her partner, and to all the faces around her. cedric slid his open notebook to her without a word and pointed to the correct ingredients written down.

a few students had begun to bring the potion up to their nose and laugh at their results. cedric turned around in his chair to see what the hufflepuffs behind him had gotten. one of the boys had accidentally taken a small sip and started to freak out. edmund laughed at him before bringing it up to his nose.

"what's the scent, wood?" cedric says with a comforting smile. edmunds eyes flicker to his as his eyes begin to wrinkle.

"old books, perfume, and a broom, maybe?" edmund responds and sets the potion back down. he shrugs his shoulders lightly, his slightly oversized yellow jumper slid slightly across his neck. cedric had recognized that scent. cho chang.

cho chang and cedric had been friends for a few years now and she held obvious interest for the golden boy. cedric tried to not pay mind to it, not wanting to hurt her or anything. just as he realized who the scent might have belong to, he noticed that she was watching edmund from across the room.

edmund eyes followed cedrics and they both shared a slight smile as they watched the ravenclaws cheeks warm up. edmund let out a loud laugh.

"go ahead, diggory." edmund says after laughing, gesturing to the brewing potion that sat in front of him. cedric turned around and grabbed his potion, slightly bringing it up to his nose. cedric was not very sure of what scent was about to come to surface.

almost instantly, oranges and lemons flood his nose. a moment later, it smelt like the sun as it rose in the morning. cedric felt the pure joy of watching the sun rise and seeing the golden beams in the morning as he continued to smell. roses was the last one he could put his mind on. roses that had just fully bloomed.

"citrus, the morning sun, and roses?" cedric said before placing the potion down. as soon as he turned back around to face the hufflepuff group, they all had large soft smiles across their face, except for edmund. edmund's eyes were larger than the moon on a full night and it took cedric only a moment to realize why.

athena rosewood smelt of citrus, the morning sun, and roses. not many people would realize such things but as close as edmund was to the innocent girl, he most definitely was aware.

cedric's heart began to beat out of his chest as him and wood held eye contact. his cheeks began to turn as red as a rose. edmund was aware of the infatuation cedric held with his hufflepuff friend and cedric was terrified of him telling her.

he didn't want to freak her out if she heard of it, he didn't know what sort of feeling she had towards him. cedric breaks the eye contact the two boys strongly held, and asked kingston to smell the potion.

after class had been dismissed, cedric allowed his friend to drift away to go where ever he needed. they tended to stick together but cedric wanted to give edmund an opportunity to speak to himself after class. cedric didn't want to say anything to him, not wanting to cross any lines, but he sure wanted edmund to reassure him in some sort of way.

as cedric studied the students leaving the classroom, watching as they walk in different directions, cedric finally spots his witty teammate. and edmund spots cedric as well.

"diggory," edmund separates himself from his small group of friends before walking over to the boy. they were eye level to each other. "i'm not going to tell her, if that is what you are sticking around for." his face was expressionless, which was rare for the smiling boy.

"thank you." is all cedric diggory manages to say. a wave of relief swept over him. he felt as if wood had started to really trust cedric, as he did for edmund.

"malfoy smelt the night sky, coffee, and burning wood." edmund muttered as he began to walk and cedric followed behind him. cedric could easily recognize that being the scent of ivy roots. "at least i still have belle." he wore an expression of annoyance before cedric placed a hand on his back with a loud laugh.

writers note:

if anyone sees this please tell me if u would be interested in a chapter on draco and ivy and they relationship. :)