Chapter 7: Duty Calls (And You Can't Hang Up)

Edward smiled as he unlocked the door to his house, humming a random tune and swinging his hips. He shut the door, blindly tossed his keys on the table, and walked right past Pam who was sitting on his couch to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water.

"Well? Spill! How did it go? Was Damian nice? Was he hot? He'd looked kinda hot when I saw him but I wasn't up close, so I don't know." Edward sighed contentedly as he flopped next to Pam, a goofy grin on his face. Pam smiled.

"That good, huh?"

"That good, huh?"

"I didn't go on a date with Damian. Or, I did, if you'd call it a date, but he turned out to be a giant jerk." Pam's brows shot up, gasping.

"What?! Then what's up with you? And where were you this whole time?" He shut his eyes, taking a long sip of water.

"I was in the park with Micheal."

"Ok, now who's Micheal? How many dates did you have?"

"Just one if you ask me. He helped put Damian in his place, and then we walked to the park and ate popcorn, and he told me about the time he accidentally dyed his hair green– Oh, and Pam, you should have heard his laugh!" Pam grinned widely.

"Oh my gosh! That's amazing; I'm so happy for you! Are you going to see him again?" Edward nodded shyly.

"On Saturday." Pam punched him in the shoulder.

"Well look at you! I told you you could do it! Did he like your hair by the way? I told you that you should wear it naturally more often instead of soaking it in hair gel, it's so fluffy now!"

"He didn't say anything about my hair."

"He probably loved it."

Micheal flopped onto his bed, burying his face in his pillow. He hadn't had any plans today, had figured it was going to be pretty quiet and boring, but boy was he wrong. He couldn't stop thinking about Edward or his soft brown eyes, or his tanned skin, or how he fed more of his popcorn to the pigeons than himself, or the way his hair fell just over his eyes while he talked animatedly. Micheal sighed, smiling softly. What a day. He turned over when the phone rang, answering it quickly.

 He turned over when the phone rang, answering it quickly