Chapter 4

Ahad POV:

Almost a month passed away, since I gave my approval for my alliance. The month passed by quickly it was busy schedule as it was Ramadan. Today we had Eid celebration at community center.

We all reached the Hall to celebrate Eid with closed relatives. Once we reached everyone scattered. I spotted my friends near the entrance itself. We were busy talking when I spotted a girl who hushed inside and went to offer prayer. I averted my gaze from her. After sometime I again saw the same girl who was running I moved my sight in the direction she was running, there I saw maham tripping before I could react she caught her before maham could fall and hurt herself.

I wanted to rush towards her but seeing all my family there I didn't go but I held my sight fixed at the scene, and noticed the girl suddenly rushed outside the hall i don't know what came over me but my feet followed the girl, the way she was rushing I could tell she was emotionally disturbed.
So I discreetly followed her saw she was looking at the horizon and a ghost smile appeared on her face with tears simultaneously flowing, I instantly knew she found calmness in isolation. At that moment I wanted nothing but to comfort her before I know words blurted out from my mouth.

She just nodded and rushed inside. After sometime I went in,we had dinner I asked maham if she was perfectly fine or do we need to go to hospital
"Bhai I'm absolutely fine, Roohi saved me or else I didn't know what would have happened "
"Hey! Stop with Overthinking and negative thoughts alhamdulillah you are fine that's all matters " I said.

After dinner we all went home. I was with aimen in my car and ammi and baba in their. Aimen wouldn't stop blabbering about the girl Roohi who saved maham of how she was beautiful and well mannered she was. She also told me an interesting fact that she was the niece of Salaar uncle. He is our close business associate. He was a family friend.
After reaching home we were discussing about all the events that took place . Ammi was all praises for the girl Roohi. And out of the blue she asked me a question which caught me off guard"did you see her ahad, I mean Roohi? "
Composing myself "yes Ammi I did see her"." So.... Aimen started off. I knew where this was going so I started to go to my room.
"Oh bhaijaan kaha bhaage ja rahe hain aap? Baithe abhi toh asal maza shuru hone wala hai. "
( oh brother! Where are you rushing to come sit the fun is about to start)

"Chup kar badmaash.. I was cut off by baba.
" Ahad even I wanted to talk to you about this matter I'm sure your Ammi has already spoken to you about the marriage topic.
I personally asked about Roohi to Salaar and he was all praises about her. She is in her last semester and stays at her hostel. Think about it and give your answer. No pressure. "

"Thanks baba, I would like to do an istikhara and then give my answer" politely. Saying that I retired to bed my thoughts drifted to her and how vulnerable she looked. Soon after prayer I drifted to sleep not knowing what the future holds.

Roohi POV

It has been few days I was back to hostel and it was pretty hectic as my exam starts in few days. I was busy studying for my exam as my phone rang I checked the caller it was mamujaan. I picked up the phone "assalamualikum Mamujaan sab khairiyat? "
(Is everything alright)

"Alhamdulillah sab thik hai beta I'm standing outside your hostel. If you are free can you come down"
( yes everything is alright)

"Of course mamu just give me minute. "

I rushed outside because it was very unlikely of mamu to come up here unannounced. Walking towards him I conveyed my salam, ans asked about everyone. He looked little anxious. Mamu being mamu didn't beat around the bush straight up told me what was bothering him,"look Roohi, a rishta has come for you. Do you remember maham ,her's elder brother Ahad rishta came. I know you might be wondering why am I rushing things for you but beta he is really a good guy and I know him personally, he is an hafiz and a good son. "
" Mamujaan aren't I too young, am I bothering you people with me coming over your place " Tears streamed down.
"Beta it's nothing like what you are wondering, you are in just right age for marriage and you are all alone, even if I'm there for you, when spouse comes to your life it will change everything you can have rifaqat . " I know he will always do things which are good because he is my guardian now.
(Rifaqat-companionship)

"Okay mamujaan First I would like to do istikhara then only we can go ahead with this. "
"That is good I will be waiting for your answer. "

After mamujaan went away, my thoughts wandered to different possibilities that could happen and my doubts started to resurface my mind. At this moment I'm really missing my parents a lot.

Days passed away quickly and I got a positive response from istikhara. Mamujaan called me today and asked about my answer and even told that my future possible in-laws would be coming over there this weekend because even ahad got a positive response, my heat skipped a beat at the mention of hum, hence they didn't wanted to delay.

Before I knew I was getting dressed up. I even notice mami and her children behavior they were pretty upset and grumpy over what I didn't know, what surprised me was even mamu was also a little angry but he tried to masked it for my sake.

Soon I heard commotion outside indicating the presence of the khan family. My heart was beating rapidly than ever I had ever imagine I can say if someone stood beside me they would hear my heart beats. Soon aunty acknowledge me said salam and asked about my well being. Soon aimen started to chat with me. I was trying to listen to her but there was internal battle going on whether to lift my gaze or not and look at him whom gaze I was feeling the moment I entered the room.

I came out of my internal fight when aimen shook me. At that time I noticed maham's absence and inquired to aimen. She said that she had gone to hospital for her monthly check up. Finally I gathered the courage to look at him. To say I was shocked would be an understatement he was the same guy whom I met outside the Hall. He was also staring right back at me, I was the first one to quickly avert my gaze.

Aimen asked me if I wanted to talk to him or not or have any questions about ahad. I contemplated whether or not because mamu provided with all the information about him. So I said no. Soon aunty said that they would like to do engagement because it was not so big of a deal in our religion. She asked mamu permission of she can put the ring. Mamu gave his permission my heart was thumping loudly.

  Aunty came and asked for my hand I looked up at mamu Hesitatingly and he gave me nod. My gaze unknowingly went to him who gave me small nod and a smile in return. I shyly looked down and all my doubts got cleared. Somewhere in my heart I was still longing for my parents to arrive and be right beside me at this moment. Aunty put the ring on me . The ring was just perfect no words could describe it. The most beautiful I've ever seen.

After the dinner they were about to leave and invited us for dinner next week to set up the marriage date

After the dinner they were about to leave and invited us for dinner next week to set up the marriage date. The elders were discussing these thing when aimen pulled me to corner and I turned back to look at them but all of them were busy.
"Aimen where are you taking me? "
"Shush bhabhi, wait a minute"
"But... I cut myself off when I was the man standing there. " Bhai jaldhi jo puchna hai puch lo humlog nikalne wale hain. "
(What you want to ask do fast because we need to go)

I don't know were I was stuck. I was nervously playing with my dupatta when he spoke, "you don't really have any questions to ask? And are you really happy with this alliance?
My heart swelled up on his concern. Words didn't come up so I just shyly nodded. In meantime aimen came and said they have to leave so I went along with them off. Mamu was escastic with this rishta . After packing up everything all retired to their rooms.

Once I hit the bed, I slept right away. I was tired as through out the day I was anxious. I could just hope that this alliance bring happiness and the solitude I was feeling could be gone.

Author's note:
Hope you all have enjoyed the chapter.
Though it's still not up to the mark and I will surely try to improve.
Do share your views.
Stay safe

Love,
Joyous soul❤