Chapter 8

Roohi POV

All the ladies of the house were present in my room, kicking ahad out the room. They were discussing about the Nikah and preparations of the walima.

Ammi was an easy going person who didn't behave like a typical mother in law.
Her side of the family couldn't come to the wedding due to personal reasons and would come over here for dinner on weekend.
I received a call from mamujaan in the morning who sounded worried but rest assured him that I was genuinely happy.

"Roohi do you have any specific look for the walima?" Zehra chachi asked.
"No chachi, anything is fine but nothing too bold"
I preferred minimal makeup with a heavy attire and bold one with simple attire.
The elders went off to see the preparations and currently me ,Maham, Aimen and Sarah were present with little mannat in my arms.
She was Masha Allah chubby baby. She snuggled up to my chest. The way she snuggled up to me gave different emotions.

"Bhabhi don't worry soon enough you will also hold up your own child. Just put forth your request to bhai he will gladly fulfill it. "Maham spoke making my eyes go wide. While the other two were busy laughing.
I tried to divert the topic of the conversation which was from me to them.
We halted our conversation when there was a knock on the door. I was going to tend the door but aimen said she will look who was it muttering something about it being ahad at the door but it was a maid who informed that the makeup stylist were here. She was turning to leave when Ahad popped into the room.
"See I told you it was bhai" Aimen chided.
I didn't glance at him and got busy with baby mannat even though I felt his gaze.

"Bhai aap aur bhabhi baat karein we are going "maham spoke and was going to take mannat from me when Ahad told that he wanted to spend some time with his niece  .
Everybody left the room I sneakily glanced at him who was right staring back at me,
"Aapko kuch kaam tha?" I enquired.
"Why am I not allowed to enter my room without some work?", his tone went little harsh .I quickly apologised and stammered.
"Hey, relax I was just teasing you" he said with a chuckle and placed a hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer.

He forwarded his hands to take mannat from me but I shrugged and moved to the side.
"Come on she is my niece and she loves her mamu more" he placed a kissed on her and mine forehead.
"No she is mamijaan's doll and she loves me more haina mannat" I brushed my nose to her. I smirked at him.
"Fair enough but anyhow mamijaan belongs to mamujaan haina mannat "and he cooed at her and winked at me. I was blushing from head to toe.

Since our door room was not locked maham barged in ,"oopsie !bhai sharm kare meri choti bachhi hai you can romance with bhabhi later the stylist are here "
She took mannat from me and told me to get dressed up .

Ahad went to his closet , came out with suit in his hand and went to guest bedroom to get ready.

It took an hour to get completely done

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

It took an hour to get completely done. I was in love with my walima look. All the girls complimented me and went to their respective rooms to get ready.

Ahad came into the room and he looked really handsome in black suit it suited his stubble. He stood in front of me and reached his hand out for me. I slid my hand into his which perfectly moulded as if it always was made for it.
"You are really looking like a hoor. Lafz nhi hai bayaan karne ke aap  kitni khoobsurat lag rahi hain" and pulled me closer to him for a kiss on head and cheeks. My cheeks were on fire.
He lead me downstairs where my new family was waiting for us.

The walima went sooner than I thought. The decorations were of top notch and awestruck.
I met mamu and his family, I was little emotional seeing them. He invited us for dinner tomorrow at his place. After the dinner we had small photoshoot with the family and came back home.

After getting changed into our nightwear we sat on the bed. Ahad was quiet since the dinner which was very unlikely of him to do , because he was the one who always initiated the conversation.
I spoke in a hushed tone,"are you alright?"
"Yes I'm fine"he said in a clipped tone.
"Then why are you silent is something bothering you?" I asked.
"Nothing of that sort, but I wanted to ask you a question, answer it if you are comfortable"
I tensed up a little and knew where this conversation was heading .I just nodded along.
"Its about your parents, I know it's a little sensitive topic for you. But it would really help you if you share it and make you a little burden free. I understand if you don't want to share now but at least later on".

Just thinking about them brought tears. He was quick enough to wipe those traitors .

"As you know we were a small family. Baba always said that I was his rooh ( soul) . Though I wanted siblings but mummy couldn't have more we were contented and very happy, but during my high school graduation, I was being a rebel as always and went along to school with my friends.
The ceremony started I didn't bother to check on them because I know they will definitely come. But when I went to get my certificate I couldn't find then that made me worried because no matter what they wouldn't have missed the ceremony for the world.
         I was searching for them when I recieved mamu's call and he told my parents met with an accident, I thought he was pranking me but zaid bhaiya arrived and quickly took me to the hospital.
     When I arrived mamu was looking pale and he informed me my baba was no more and mummy is critical.
     I didn't know what happened, but i passed out and woke up on hospital bed. Zaid bhaiya was seated there when he saw me awake and told mummy wanted to speak to me.  I rushed to the ward.
     When I looked at her Ahad I didn't find the same motherly warmth in her, I really tried to look strong but couldn't and hugged her. She was so fragile that she couldn't hug me back.
   But I remember her words spoken in haze clearly she said"you are my bahadur bachha hainah  rooh I love you meri rooh" it was really difficult for her to say those words .
It meant a lot to me.
    I told her ahad that I was not strong, that rooh is not strong but she left me ahad she left."

I couldn't control my tears. Ahad quickly pulled me to his chest. I cried out loud for the first time for so long since their death because I didn't wanted to disturb mamu.

"Ahad there was no one for me to grieve with ,I didn't cry in front of anybody, from then on loneliness was my partner "

"Don't cry jaan! Am always with you till our lord let me live. No matter what I will always be by your side and don't you dare consider that you have no one. You have me and our family they are not just mine .
But yours to. Rooh you are stronger than anyone of us . " his tone was soft and soothing.

I just hummed in .I was emotionally drained out . I leaned towards him and snuggled into his chest and held him tightly.  A sense of calmness went through me .
And in that moment when he held me tight my heart seeded a new emotion which I never experienced and would just become stronger as the time passes.

An unknown smile danced on my lips when I remembered the endearment he gave me . To be honest I hated and cringed when anyone used it but when he told jaan to me , truly butterflies erupted in my stomach as cliche as it sounds . Soon we drifted off to sleep.

True to his words I really felt light after sharing my grieve with him. And I knew at that time when I can walk with him by my side who will hold my hand through there good times and the bad.

Author's note:
Hope you all have enjoyed the chapter.
Do share your opinions.
Stay safe.

Love,
Joyous soul