Chapter 14

Rooh POV

We arrived late at night picking ammi on the way as baba have already gone home after the office. He was same workaholic like his son.

I was really tempted to go to a pharmacy and get a test and tell Ahad about it, but then again I didn't wanted to disappoint him either if the test came negative.

The next day after finishing all the chores I decided to head outside and get the test done. Though I was little nauseous I still let it go.

I went in to ammi's room to inform her.
"Ammi" I found her near her wardrobe.
"Yes beta do you need anything?"she asked politely.
"Nahi ammi, I'm going out for some shopping. Do you need anything?" I said her.
"I have everything beta,thank you. Go with the driver okay".

Ahad have already given me his cards for me to shop or do anything I want during our honeymoon.
I decided to have a laboratory test done just to confirm and a home pregnancy kit.
After getting the test done I went to the mall to get gifts for everybody.

I also went in a baby shop and got a onesie and small shoes. And packed it in a small box.
You know when there is a instinct feeling you have that you are sure of and I knew somewhere in my heart that I was pregnant but just needed confirmation.

After being done, I headed home all tired. I carried the bag which has the box and the kit and told the maid to get other bags.

There was nobody present around when I reached. I hurriedly went to my room and took the test. The lab test would be coming in an hour or two. I requested the lady to send the results asap.

I was keeping the stuffs in the closet when the timer on my phone went off.

My heart raced up on his own accord. I was feeling edgy to look at it. But it I don't know from where a picture of Ahad with a baby in his arms conquered my mind. It was really a sight to see. I went in to check. I peaked onto the result and the moment I went numb .

My hand automatically went towards my lower abdomen. The rest clearly spelled pregnant.
My heart swelled and all I wanted was to tell Ahad asap. I was staring at the stick in my hand when my phone rang. What a coincidence it was or our soulful connection we had because it was ahad's call.

"Assalamualikum "his voice as calming like always.
"Walaikumsalam " I tried to sound normal but my voice was still heavy.
"What happen you sound dull?"
"It's nothing . I came back from shopping tired that is why I'm probably sounding like that"
"You are not well, what was the need for you to go shopping and please don't tell me you went alone"
"Come on, I'm not a kid to not go alone, and I needed some air so I went . I'm perfectly alright so mr husband concentrate on your work or else I'll complain to baba" I teased him.
"Is that so missus " he retorted back.
"Yes, I want you to come home early than usual, and it's an order from your missus" I mimicked his bossy tone.
"I'll try, no promise. Allah hafiz "

After composing myself I sat down took the stick and put it in the box and took a paper and wrote down a message to him.
I just needed to wait for lab results.

In the meantime I went downstairs to help ammi with the dinner.
"Ammi kya ban raha hai?"
"Aaj tum batao ki kya banaye,we can make your favorite " she is sweet and caring towards me.
"Ammi today's dinner I'll prepare. " with that I shooed her outside.

I was preparing biryani Ahad's and mine favorite. After the preparation was done I was exhausted.  Dizziness overpowered me and I was falling when zubi held me. At the same time ammi and Aimen entered the kitchen.

"Are you okay bhabhi?"
"Yes I'm fine" I responded her
"Roohi why are you overworking yourself? Ahad bata raha tha ki tumhari tabyat thik nhi thi" ammi said.
"Ammi it's nothing , I was exhausted "
"Go to your room and rest I'll check the remaining preparations " with that I was sent to my room.