Chapter 16

Roohi POV

The moment doctor went away to her room. Me and Ahad sprinted to her . I didn't know what to expect now. Ahad held me tightly while my hands on abdomen.

We stood by the door. I didn't wanted to go in but run away from here. Ahad forwarded his step to go in while I held him back.
"Ahad let's go back " my inner voice begging me to not go in.

"Jaan, I don't know what the doctor is going to say. But let me make one thing very clear for you that I'm always by your side. Remember this what ever happens is in the hands of Allah swt. It is He who decides what's best for us.
So we must never doubt that " he spoke in just above a whisper.

I just nodded me went in the room . We were asked to take our seats.

"So Mrs ahad I will say that you are almost 4 weeks in your pregnancy" the doctor started.
Ahad held my hand under the table.
"Mrs. Ahad as you said that you were having some cramps and slight spotting with some serious nausea.  These symptoms are very early to seen but in your case they shown pretty early.

As we did the ultrasound we found something unusual "my heart beat rose and I was all cold.
She continued,"I am sorry Mrs and Mr Khan but Roohi is having an ectopic pregnancy. "

"What is that ?" Ahad asked my mind already numb to the surroundings.

"Mr ahad, this occurs when a egg is implanted outside the main cavity of uterus.
In short this type of pregnancy can't survive for long." She said.

She showed us some ultrasound photos and told the embryo was implanted in my fallopian tube and the fetus can't survive and even Mrs Ahad would have some serious problems if she continues with this and also can suffer from miscarriage.

"So what do we do now?" Ahad voiced in his professional tone without any emotion.

"Well Mr. Ahad as your Mrs is in early stages we can terminate the pregnancy through medication,if we delay it we will have to do surgery. If you choose to wait Mrs Ahad can have some serious health complications " she spoke in pitiful voice.

"I know this is a difficult thing to decide but I will need your answer soon as possible " she finished off.

I didn't dare to look up at her from the moment I entered the room. My hands still on my abdomen. All I wanted to do was scream and tell her to stop saying all this nonsense.
But this was reality of my life that I didn't wanted to face.

"Okay Mrs saira we will inform you soon" Ahad spoke.
"Mr Ahad , Roohi will  be needing a lot of support and she must be mentally stable for the procedure to process. This is going to be a tough time and lot harder than you imagine " she addressed him.

I was still seated in my seat. "Rooh come let's go " Ahad said.
I just nodded along and went away without looking back.

*******

Author's POV

Roohi didn't even bother to see whether Ahad was following her. Ahad felt his emotions all over the place. He was over the moon when he knew he was going to be a dad.
He wanted to hold Roohi against him and let out his emotions to her but for now he needed to be strong for her sake.

They headed home without anyone speaking. Once they reached ahad tried to talk to her but she jerked his hand away and dashed inside .

Mehreen have been impatiently waiting for her son and babu.
Maham have also come to her maayka for few days as her husband is gone to business trip. They were discussing things when they noticed Roohi rushing inside and going to her room.