Chapter 13

Roohi POV

We were on our way to farmhouse. The ride was surrounded with comfortable silence.
Ahad would casually take my hand in his and place it on his thigh or kiss it.
These small gestures means a lot to me.

For me small gestures means a lot precisely because they are small and do not shout 'look at me'. They simply offer love quietly.
We have to drive for a couple of hours to reach the point.  An hour have already passed and I was getting a little uncomfortable in my seat .

The back pain I had, has intensified and becoming uncomfortable more than unbearable.I tried to mark my pain because I didn't wanted ahad to cancel our trip and he will surely do so if I get more sick or uncomfortable I started to shift in seat to find a comfortable position to relax my back pain but,couldn't find one.

''Roohi are you alright.You are constantly fidgting in your seat''.Ahad diverted my attention to him."I'm fine"and gazed outside the window.
"Roohi,why are you making a big deal out of the situation.It was not like I said something really bad but the way you are behaving says me otherwise".I could decipher from his tone,he was losing his patience by every passing second.

I turned to look at him but his stare was fixed on the road with his hand tightly holding the steering wheel.I forwarded my hand to touch his shoulder to make him look at my way but he didn't bother to spare me a glance.

"Ahad,I'm sorry I myself don't know what is happening to me,why I'm being so impulsive.I just wanted to spend some time with you.But when you declined or must I say hung up the phone I got angry it just irked me.I'm really sorry".pleaded with my voice for him to look at me,when he didn't look my way and I just turned away to look outside.

The car came to a sudden halt.I looked at him bewildered as to what happen for this halt.
"Roohi,look I always say the key to any relationship to work is to communicate no matter what the situation or topic is.I want that from you.And I'm genuinely regretful for the way I spoke and I hope you forgive me".And gave me his usual smile,seeing him I couldn't help but give back the same expression.

"You are forgiven and even I'm sorry for my irrational behavior".
"That's okay,you compromised all the time and once in a while you are allowed to out burst.And are you really alright because it didn't look like you were and don't you dare lie to me".with a straight poker face he said.I knew it was no use of lieing.

"It was uncomfortable sitting,I've been having back pain since last night that's all".Now it was too much to bear.
"Jaan,you could have told me before,I would've got you some pain killer.Why are you being so careless about your health".he said with worried tone.

" There is absolute no need of it,I already got some pain relief patch,I will apply once we reach".I told him.

We again started off to farmhouse,Ahad was driving too slow for my liking just because of my back pain.But I threatened him to drive fast,so I can rest.We reached in half an hour.

Everyone have already arrived.Imad bhai and Maham were the first one's to arrive and have scolded literally everybody who came late.Maham was in no mood to their lame excuses because she had a newborn with her yet she was first to arrive.

She was also going to give class to her Bhai for arriving late but when Ahad told her that I was not well she let us off the hook.

By the time we settled in our room for the day,it was already lunch time.Lunch was set up by the house maids who stayed at their farmhouse as a caretakers.It tool a while for us to freshen up.Ahad is in the bathroom and currently I'm trying to put some relief patch on my back,in which I was failing.

"Jaan you could have called me,I would have done for you".Ahad appeared wearing low waist trousers and gently took the relief pad from me,I was busy oogling over him and brought me out of trance when snapped his finger.