Prologue

She was beautiful. The kindest person you could meet. Her smile could brighten up anyone's day. I loved her and I would do anything for her. I couldn't wait until the day we had children. Mini versions of us running rampant around the house and in the forest.

We had been married for ten years. We were both young werewolves among the most ancient pack. It was an honor to be part of this pack. Many of them were up to 300 years old and very respected by other packs across the world.

"Avianna," I sighed in awe.

She tilted her head up at me with her emerald eyes. I took a strand of her silky soft curl and tucked it behind her ear gently. Her black hair contrasting her eyes. Her honey-colored skin making her look irresistible in my eyes.

"What is it, my love?" she said gently.

"What do you think about having children?" my heart beat thumped in my throat as I asked the question.

She gave me a look of awe, her eyes glistening. She pulled me in closer as her arms tightened around my back.

"Abner!" she squealed, "why is this question?" she squeezed me to the point it kind of hurt but in a pleasurable way.

"Well?" I prompted letting out a nervous laugh.

"Of course I want children. I always knew I wanted to build a family with you, my love," she gave me a soft kiss on the cheek.

Her warmth spreading through my cheek like a wildfire. She truly made me the happiest person in the world.