Chapter 1

The dark maroon shade of the liquid slowly creeping across each particle of dirt and hard surface of cold obsidian. I stood there watching it work its way down the rocks as I stood beneath the cold waxing gibbous moon. The heat from the limp body I had my teeth sunken into seeped through my jaw and down my chest.

The moon casts a bright gray reflection over the dark pine forest. I dropped the body abruptly, gazing up at the moon. She was beautiful and mysterious. The fur along my back pricked up a bit as the cold breeze blew and the wet blood on my coat chilled.

"You have to stop doing this," a rough voice from behind spoke.

I turned around to lay eyes on a tall, slender man. His black hair shading his eyes just slightly. His dark complexion hardly reflecting the moon.

"Please..." he paused, "Avianna. Stop this," my heart winced at his pained voice. Desperate to reach me.

My heart, felt like a heavy boulder, as I looked back at the dead body. I teenage boy who knew no better. I whimpered, knowing this was so wrong and sad. Glancing back to my mate; he was gone. My heart started racing. He was gone. No, not again.

My blood pulsed through my veins like fire to gasoline. Anger fuming off me as I growled and howled. Digging my nails into the dirt. I ran, my legs burning as I ran through the forest with pure fury. I needed to kill.

I heard the thumps of music and ran towards it. My vision clouded with red. I could smell the nasty alcohol and sweat of young people partying. I saw the flame of the fire as I leaped through the bushes, snarling as raged poured through every cell in my body.

I lunged at the nearest human, a petite blonde girl. My teeth dug deep into her leg, the salty taste of the hot blood on my tongue. She screamed out in fear and agony. I lunged again, prey instincts now driving me. I felt the crack of her bones as clamped down on her throat, cutting off any noises she tried to make.

Blood droplets falling onto the forest floor silently. I dropped the body as I looked at the blood pools reflecting the flames of the fire. Reflecting the fiery boiling inside me. The flames flickered against the maroon color, almost majestically.

"Baby, please. I beg you, to stop this," my mate appeared in front of me standing by the pool of blood.

He was beautiful. My husband, my lover, my mate. Never have I ever laid eyes on a more handsome man who showed so much kindness and compassion. I stared into those dark eyes he had. My heart beginning to sink as I realized what I have done to the poor girl on the ground. He wanted me to stop killing. I took a step forward, craving his touch. In an instant, he was gone.