Chapter 6

I felt warm hands shaking me gently.

"Avianna," the man said.

"She must have not slept for a long, she was only asleep in the prison for five hours," another man said.

My eyelids felt glued shut. My head throbbing with pressure, I whimpered. I want to them go away. Let me die here.

"Avianna, you been asleep on this floor for two days straight," one of them said.

I didn't care. I wanted to die, right here. Now. Let me go. I felt hands wrap around me and the feeling of floating. Floating? Why was I floating? Slowly I felt warm water gently against my paws and slowly creeping up my legs. My body slowly swamped in the warmth making my sore muscles relax and my open wounds sting. Someone was holding my head up.

I had no energy. My eyes still closed as I felt the rhythmic motions of someone bathing my furry body. I didn't understand why they were trying to help me. Everyone knew once a wolf loses their mate, soon after the other dies from the pain.

"Avianna, you need to shift," he said softly.

Slowly straining to open my eyes I made out the two blurry princes' looking at me with sympathetic looks. Something told me they knew something that I didn't. Something deep down was pushing me to listen to them. I didn't want to though.

"I'm done..." I trailed off, attempting to mind link them.

It only works if they let me reach them because they aren't from my pack. Technically, I didn't have a pack anymore.

"No, you're not Avianna. We've seen your track record, you're a fighter. You're a survivor," one insisted.

"No one survives this."

"Yes, they can if they let the human part process," one replied.

I glanced up at them lazily, "even if I tried, I have no more energy." I closed my eyes and let my head relax against the arm keeping it from falling into the bath water.

"Avianna. We are right here with you," they insisted.

"I have no energy," I growled.

I heaved as even that action took too much energy. It felt as though I was fighting gravity for each little movement. The feeling of being on a graviton. The earth sucking each part of me down as I can do little to move against it.

"We are going to give you something, okay? But once the effects kick in you must turn quickly before it wears off," one of them said.

"What is it?" I asked.

Nothing I have ever known to boost a werewolf's energy that much.

"It's better that you don't know," one said.

I felt a slight pinch. A needle?

"Now, shift." One demanded.

He didn't ask, he demanded. Ancient werewolves are the only ones strong enough to demand something and it would make another werewolf submit to do it. The royalty are much more powerful. I whimpered as I felt the demand taking its toll on my body.

I felt my veins burns like lava was being poured into them. What in the bloody hell did they give me? My emotions seemed numbed and I felt I could breathe again. I felt like I was a floating cloud, light and at the same time on fire.

"Avianna, shift." One of the prince's demanded again.

My eyes snapped open and I was looking into two dark, mysterious eyes. I knew, I could not defy his command. My wolf would not defy it. I could feel my joints begin to burn as the shift began.