02- Why?

The police arrived arresting Jacob after they found out that he did all of this. I was rush to the hospital. Liam was rush to the hospital because he was still bleeding a lot and they needed to get a transfusion before he loses more. I couldn't help to think that this is my fault because if I didn't sleep with Liam, then maybe Jacob wouldn't do this to all of us. Mom was so confused on why Jacob was acting like this. She demanded to know while they were wheeling into the back of the ambulance. 

She begins to question why her stepson would rape me and hurt his brother. He doesn't understand why he would lash out on us for no reason. They did all these tests to find out if he left semen inside of me. They want to make sure I don't get pregnant from the result of this incident. They make sure I got myself cleaned up right after they swab me for evidence of my rape. They needed all the evidence they can get to implicate him for the rape, so he can rot in prison for the rest of his life.  I'm lying on the hospital bed waiting for results to see if I have any diseases that have been contracted when he rapes me. The doctors told me that I am disease- free and did not contract anything, so I am good to go when the police question me for some answers.

Liam came into my room after not listening to the doctor's order about him lying in bed. My mother was coming to my room to talk to me because I know she demands answer herself. He asks my mother if he can speak to me alone before she gets in. She didn't trust him because she knows something is happening with him and I. She went inside the room telling Liam that he has five minutes to talk until she comes in. 

When he came, I quickly got up hugging him forgetting that he was hurt in the shoulder area. ''I'm sorry.'' I told him. 

''It's fine baby.'' He gives me a kiss. 

''No, I don't think you are okay.'' I told him. Then he begins to mention how I'm not okay because Jacob went off the deep end. I told him he doesn't need to worry because I'm the one who didn't get shot. 

"No, you are not fine because Jacob rape you because you and I were having sex." He feels guilty.

"It's fine, but can you call my mom, but we will talk later." He kissed me on my forehead. Before he left the doctor walk in as well my mother where the doctor was really to ask me some questions since the story of my rape is confusing them. 

The doctor asks me when the last time was, I menstruated. I didn't know why this was relevant to ask me when I was raped a few hours ago. Then I respond by telling them I don't recall until they mention that the blood test indicates a positive test for pregnancy. My mom was shocked to hear that I was pregnant after being raped today until she begins to ask me who is responsible for the child. I was afraid to mention Liam because people won't understand the relationship Liam and I have with one another. 

''Who's responsible for the pregnancy?'' Mom asks with a straight face. 

''Mom, please don't make me say it aloud.'' I was ashamed to let them know until my mom demands me to say it. I told her that Liam is the responsible party for this child where his jaw dropped. The doctor asks Liam if he wanted to take a paternity test since he seems to not believe he impregnated me. 

''What the fuck did you say?'' Mom was in disbelief. She doesn't understand how she didn't suspect us being together. How did she become this stupid to the point she didn't know that I was attracted to Liam. I lay all the cards down telling her that Liam and I have been sleeping together for some time and this is the reason why Jacob raped me. 

''Jacob raped you because you slept with Liam.'' She asks in disbelief. 

''Yes, mom.'' I was embarrassed. She took a moment to soak in what I was telling her until she couldn't anymore. 

"I can't believe this!" She shouted.

"Mom calm down." I said.

"YOU'RE PREGNANT!" She yelled at me.

"Yes, and that is the reason they took Liam to take a paternity test." I said.

"Lana, this is outrageous and nasty." She said.

"Mom, I love him." I said.

"No, you are fucking your brother!' I think the whole entire hospital heard this when she yelled this out. I wanted to understand that I didn't choose to fall for him, but I did and I can't help it to love him for who he is. 

"Stepbrother actually." I said.

"So, you know he is your stepbrother, and you think you have the right to fucked him and have a baby with him which is not happening in my home." She said.

"Mom, do you think I planned this, then you must not know me mom." I said.

"No, I don't because my Lana wouldn't fuck her brother even if he was your stepbrother." She left the room because she couldn't bear to hear that I was fucking Liam, but I love him. I can't help the way I'm feeling. It was not like I chose to get pregnant with his child, but I guess our love was enough to the point it needed to be spread into the seed inside of my womb. I know mom will never understand, but she didn't understand when she was dating all those shitheads called of men before she met Liam's father. I don't ruin her happiness, but she has to ruin mine all because I happen to fall in love with the man who happens to be my stepbrother.