foreword

This is, like, one of the depressive episodes in my career as a poet. I've never written a bunch of angry and sad poems in such an extended period of time. But then again, I haven't written any poem for the past six months and I only got back to it now.

Either way, this collection will likely be more angry than sad. So much has happened during the course of time when this collection was being written. Almost all corners of my life have hit a snag and I found myself not happy or content with what I have.

I processed these emotions through these poems. I am still processing them now. I cannot promise coherent nor deep poems. I am not that poet. I am just a storyteller aiming to hide behind my words and hopefully, someone will hear them.

I will not promise that I can inspire you either. As I said before, what follows are angry poems, sad poems, and most of all, broken poems. This is me falling apart only to be forced to pick up the pieces for tomorrow.

I don't want to feel these emotions nor think these thoughts but they are there. What is the most beautiful revenge than writing them down and prove to the world that I am not a saint and that I don't try to be.

The title of this collection is pretty interesting. This is supposed to be the fifth collection in the Cream Caramel Poetry Series (the story of how I came up with the series title is a story for another time) but after I realize the direction of the poems I've already written for the next collection, I realized that the aims are mismatched.

So I changed the order. The title, Dances, Dawns, Deaths fits more into what I have been feeling the past years. I'm sure the blurb gave you an idea of what it could have been and you'll probably get more ideas as you read through the poems that follow.

I am not ashamed for thinking these thoughts and for writing them down. This is my mind and my soul. I hope you will find delight in diving through them as I did.

 I hope you will find delight in diving through them as I did