Ten ▫ Let me Fall

one draw at a time, yeah
One more, you'll be fine, yeah✨

A tear rolls down her cheek as she threw a flower on the casket while it slowly lowered into the ground.

Her mom's sobbing was heart breaking. She had begged for K.C to wake up and had cried out "why?"

Janita had to step away the atmosphere was suffocating and she needed to breath.

Coleman goes to her side squeezing her shoulders as she hyperventilated.
"Slow down baby. Let yourself breath." She turns to him sobbing against his chest.

"I'm really gonna miss her."
"I know baby I know." He rubs her back gently.

Briggs had woken up on the side of the road without knowing how he got there or how long he had been there.
His body had been badly beaten and his face was swollen. Everything he had on him was gone including his phone.

He slowly got up and started limping down the road. The pain was horrible but the thought of going home to his mom kept him moving. He could only imagine how she felt when he had been gone for nearly a week.

He didn't know how but he knew he'd find his way back home.

Drake couldn't stop reading the note, somebody called the cops knowing Ian would think he did it. And somebody snipped those breaks right after the police showed up.

Maybe it was someone he knew, his eyes flicker to his mom in the kitchen.
"She wouldn't would she?" He thinks to himself.

He couldn't see what she'd have against K.C because he knew she hated Ian. He groans turning to leave.

"Where are you going?"
"To see my friends."
"Oh okay have fun."

She sets the knife down as the door closes. Picking up her ringing phone she let's out a shaky breathe.
"I did what you asked. Are you going to protect my son now? Please?"

Heaven couldn't sit still while he tried to work, she kept grabbing things and crying for him to take her home.

"Shhh I know you want to go home sweetie but you've gotta stop crying baby." He bounces her on his lap trying to calm her down but he ends up having to call Laka for help.

She comes into the classroom, "aww honey come here." She picks her up.
"Thank you for watching her. I'll pick her up when i'm done."

"Anytime. Let's go cutie." Ian hands her Heaven's bag and kisses her temple. "I'll see you later princess."

Laka was getting baby fever being around Heaven, if she didn't know any better she would have offered to keep her.

When she gets to the entrance she realizes she doesn't have a car seat for her so she has to turn back.

"Hey I forgot the car seat. Sorry."
"Oh it's fine hold on." He grabs his keys walking back out with her.

"I have a extra one in my trunk." He pops it open grabbing the car seat.
"Awesome. I parked over here."

He then moves it to her backseat.
"I wanted to ask if I could take you out to dinner." Laka is caught off guard by the question despite all the flirting he had been doing with her.

"Um,"
"Just as a thank you."
"Okay sure."
"How about this weekend?"

"That's perfect." She smiles and he refrains from leaning in and kissing her.

Janita had fallen asleep in his arms as they laid in Coleman's bed.
He was careful not to wake her when taking his phone from his pocket.

Briggs

Meet me at the court
@7 p.m

He looks at the time seeing that it's five. He doesn't quite get why briggs would suggest that late of a time but he brushes it off forwarding the message to Drake and Ian.

Janita stirs opening her eyes. "Did I wake you?"
"Kinda."
"I'm sorry baby." He grabs her face for a kiss but she pulls away.

"My breath probably stinks."
"And?" He pecks her lips pulling her onto his lap.

"You feeling better? Do I need to go out and get you anything?"
"No i'm okay."
"You sure?"

"Mhm." Jaita gets up going into the bathroom to brush her teeth before she comes out to straddle him again.

"Briggs just texted me so i'll meet him later.
"That's good to here that he's alive."

When seven rolled around Drake was the first to get there. He walked over to the basketball court but didn't see any sign of Briggs.

He didn't notice the person quietly coming up behind him until he felt the sharp pain in his side.

He curses collapsing as the person runs off.

Only moments later does Ian and Coleman get there.
"Damn what the fuck happened?" Coleman asks him.

"Take a wild guess." He grunts.
Ian sees the card taped to the knife and he takes it off.

If I find him before you, you'll be attending another funeral - ➰

Ian huffs showing it to Coleman before they help him up.
"Fuck my life." Drake groans from the pain.