Fifthteen ▫ Fight for Now

They make me fall, but I will stand

   Ian walks her to the front door, "Thank you for this. I really had fun." 
   "Of course you have a good night." Laka says.

  She goes to open the door but stops not really wanting him to leave just yet. "Actually come in." She unlocks the door and turns off the alarm as they step inside.

  Ian closes the door behind them and they stand there for a moment in silence.

    Laka fixes her dress as she contemplates her next move. She had wanted to kiss him every since the other night.

  She didn't think she could still catch feelings at her age but she was.
   Laka clears her throat stepping closer to him.

  She drapes her arms over his shoulders to reach him. And Ian leans in until their lips touch, his hands slide down to her waist.

   She had felt warm and the butterflies in her stomach wouldn't stop.
    Their lips move with rhythm, they completely fall into each other in a moment of passion.

   Her fingers tangle in his hair as she tries to have him closer.
   When he pulls away they are both breathless.

   "Tonight was great. Thank you." Ian tells her kissing her temple. He didn't want to make things go too far. He felt it would leave things messy between them when he left.
   "Of course. Have a good night."

   Cole pulls away to answer his phone, "Hello." Janita halts kissing his neck.
  "Its Briggs. Where are you?"

    She couldn't stop the sobs escaping her mouth as she sat next to her son. He laid out on the floor with gunshot wounds being the cause of his death.

   She didn't want to believe it but she had to, because he had no pulse.

   Coleman comes in cursing when he sees Briggs. His heart breaks seeing the pain in his mother's eyes and a close friend gone.
  Drake sighs, "The cops are on their way."

   Drake hands him the note that was left.

          The one that got away, that's always your killer.
   - ➰

    "Um I'll be back." Coleman leaves going home and seeing that Ian was gone.

   He tried calling him but the phone went straight to voicemail. He was scared half to death that it may have been Ian. But he couldn't see how that would be possible.
  He groans running his fingers through his hair.

   "What's wrong? Is it Briggs?" He turns to look, seeing his mom and his expression drops. He had even mentioned Briggs to his mom.
  "Mom. What did you do?"

  We can only take so much before we break. Sometimes we break in the worst ways, by breaking everyone around us in the process.

   She tosses the pistol in the lake and walks down the dark bridge to the gas station a mile from her.

   When she sees that he isn't in his car she quickly snips the brakes, dropping the cutters and running off.

  "I did what I had to son." She tells Cole and leaves the room.