Twelve ▫ Pop up

Tell me what you think about
Staying right here instead, I didn't hear a word she said✨

Coleman gently taps Janita's shoulder waking her up.
"Hey you okay sweetie?"

"Mhm. Just tired."
"Did you sleep last night?" She shakes her head no sitting up to grab her stuff.

"You should go home then." He tells her.
"But-"
"You'll just keep falling asleep anyway. So go home."

"Okay." He walks her to her car and tails her to make sure she gets there safely and he ends up going home as well.

Coleman opens the door and Briggs stumbles out. His body looks as if he was dragged through hell.

"Jesus where have you been. You look terrible."
"Thanks for the confidence boost."

Coleman was relieved to see him and was so thankful he wasn't dead.
He helps Briggs clean up and patch his wounds before he tells him everything he had remembered which wasn't much.

"You must have been drugged heavily if all you remember is getting hit and waking up. Unless you were beaten while you were out."
"It don't even matter. Ole boy fucked my face up man."

"It'll heal nicely."
"You don't know that."
"I'm trying to be positive." He shrugs.

"What happened while I was gone?"
"Um, K.C died and Drake got stabbed. Two inches to the left and he would have been paralyzed."

"Damn what this person want? K.C ain't deserve that. How'd she go?"
"They came to arrest her and Ian and the brakes were snipped in the car they got in."

Briggs sighs feeling bad for everyone hurt by this including himself.
"How's my mom?"

Drake struggled to leave his room, holding himself up was painful but his mom wasn't answering when he called so he didn't have a choice but to.

He knocks on her door before going in. His heart stops when he sees the rose on the floor.
"Mom?" He calls but gets no answer.
Drake grabs the card off the bed.

Too bad your son didn't believe that you were the snake I warned him about -➰

In the moment he hated that he was right, his mom was the one that cut the brakes but he still didn't know why.
Drake pushes open the cracked bathroom door.

"Mo-" he falls back seeing her sitting in blood next to his dad.
"I swear Drake this isn't what it looks like. I promise."

"You mean it doesn't look like you just killed my dad? Because that's exactly what it looks like.

Tears stream down her face and she sobs when Drake stumbles out. Knowing he went to call the cops.

"I'm so sorry baby." She whispers to his limp body. "It wasn't supposed to end like this."

Coleman pulled up to Drakes house after dropping off briggs.
He runs jumping into the car and they leave seconds before the cops get there, detaining his mom when they do.

"It was her. She snipped the brakes and now my dad is dead." His words are rushed.

"Maybe it was her doing everything and now this is all over." Cole suggests.
"That doesn't make sense. Because what would my dad have to do with this?" He groans feeling stressed just thinking about all of the missing pieces.

"Well Briggs is back so we don't need to worry about him now. So lets just go to my place so you can calm down."

When they go inside Janita is at the dinning room table with Ian sitting across from her.
"What's wrong?"

"She wants to talk to you." He gets up going into the kitchen to fix himself a drink. Trying to drown his frustration with liquor.

Coleman sits next to her placing his hand on her thigh.
"Some guy called me last night. Under K.C's number. He mentioned wanting Ian dead instead of her."

"See it is your fault." Drake says.
Ian looks at him with a blank look.
"Shut the hell up."

Coleman ignores them both, "Did he say anything else?"
She shakes her head no.

"Okay, come on let's go upstairs."
He takes her hand and walks her to his room where he just lays with her.

Janita didn't want him to call her again. But at the same time she wanted answers from him.
Se needed to know why? It was like a constant repetition of the word swirling in her head.

"Janita?" She turns on her back to look at him.
"You alright?"

"Yes."
He grabs her jaw to pull her into a kiss. "Don't lie to me darling."