24

3 years later

"Kamryn Danielle Brewster, if you don't stop kicking the fucking seat I'm going to tear you up." Rubbing my temples, Kamryn and I got in New York for Camilla and August birthday bash.

The furry flip flops she wore were no longer on her feet but now on the floor so she'd get comfortable.

We had been driving all night, and went through the most bipolar car ride ever. She was a hot mess.

Kamryn was 4, and the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life.

She was starting to look more like me, she had my chubby cheeks, but Dave's thick eyebrows

We haven't seen Dave since the day of the wedding and though it made me happy, it had an affect on my child.

She forgot about him, though the first year was hard, she asked for him daily.

She was a reminder of what happen, but one of the things that kept me happy.

It was like I lost my mind, but found my soul.

My life changed a lot, I was finished with college, and taking the steps to start my career. Also, a fun time mommy.

I also learned to take my frustrations out in cuss words.

I was over what happened at the alter, and gained my confidence back. It was enough to start fresh in a new and healthy relationship.
----

Pulling up to Camilla's and August home, I smiled. They were now happily married and also my goals.

I quickly gathered my purse, phone, keys and Kam from the backseat I knocked on the door.

I went from seeing Milla everyday to not seeing her at all.

Looking down at Kam, she played with her two strands of long black hair.

The door opened, showing a glowing Camilla. She wasn't pregnant, just happy.

"Titi's baby! I missed you so much." She picked a smiling Kam up.

"Auntie, you're going to mess up my outfit." Kam said softly, cause Camilla to put her down.

"Just grown, hey s-" we were cut off by Kam's yelling.

"Unk Auuuugggg!!!" She ran over to him.

"Who in here being loud?" Turning my attention to the deep voice making his presence known.