PHILZA

twenty-six | Philza

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴘʜɪʟᴢᴀ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ
ᴘʜɪʟᴢᴀ

The wind was colder north, a lot colder than back in New L'Manburg. A blonde haired man had gotten comfortable in the warmer climate, seeing as he had been in the cold for most of his adult years, he did like the mountains more than the beach. But he couldn't say the same about the weather. Down south he never had to worry about picking frozen snow out of his wings, and he never had to worry about his plants dying either, something he always worried about when he found himself farther north than he expected to be. He hated the weather, but loved the scenery, he wouldn't ever get over the snow capped mountains or the trees that were covered in the white powdery snow.

Breaking through the clouds, Philza folded his wings around his body, creating a clean circle through the fluffy clouds, mountain peaks the only thing matching his high altitude. The blonde haired man held a satchel close to his side, hoping he hadn't lost anything on the way to his destination. He had made this journey many times over, but each time he always felt like he was losing something along the way.

Phil flew above the clouds, the string of beads on his hat blowing against the breeze, creating a soft clinking in his ear. The man found himself feeling at peace, something he hadn't truly felt in a while, at least, since he flew north that is. Something about being this high up, the clouds covering everything in sight, and no noise but the flapping of his wings and the jingle of his beads comforted him. He enjoyed the feeling. He considered living on the top of a mountain once because of this reason, but decided against it seeing how inconvenient it would be. So he stuck with living on the ground instead of in this sky where he longed to be.

Seeing a bright light piercing the sky he flew in, and seeing the mountain range increase in number and size, Philza smiled. He had reached his destination, quicker than he thought as well. He had been airborne for a couple hours now, having left his new home in New L'Manburg earlier in the morning of that day. He knew it would take a while to reach this place, but he was surprised when the time seemed to be cut in half. Flying above the clouds was more fun than he had assumed.

Philza descended from the clouds at a fast pace, dark wings that resembled a crow's or raven's wrapped tightly around his body, keeping him warm from the snow and to make his descend that much quicker. Before he reached the ground, he unfolded his dark wings to slow his fall, a few feathers freeing themselves and floating away in the soft breeze.

The man touched ground near a small cabin, a trail of smoke leaving a stone chimney. The blonde haired man could hear a few dog barks, and the soft tune of a record spinning. He didn't recognize this tune, but enjoyed it as he walked through the shallow snow to the cabin.

Before climbing up the stairs of the cabin, not wanting to use the downstairs doors, Philza fluttered his wings, shaking any snow that was clinging onto the dark feathers, and stomped his feet on the ground, watching as the small amount of snow fell off of his boots. The man sighed and knocked on the spruce door, hearing a chair scratch against the floor and a few quite footsteps in his direction.

The door opened to a very tired looking man with pink hair and scars along his smile line (though the cause of those scars were missing, like it, or they, were removed), wearing a belled-sleeved button up shirt with the first two buttons undone for comfortability, and a pair of glasses sitting on the bridge of his noes. The pink haired man smiled, allowing Philza into his home.

Phil took a quick glance over the home, seeing how neat and tidy it was. the kitchen was clean, as was the surface Technoblade was sitting at, other than a book facing the hard wood of the table. There was a kettle on the fire place, most likely tea or just to put some steam in the house to keep it warmer. The record player was next to the door, a ladder leading upstairs right next to it. Technoblade's bedroom and personal items were stored up there, and a little more storage room in the basement- along with the bathroom and a small closet where a rusted crown, golden boots and gauntlets sat awaiting to be put to use again.

"How was the journey here Phil?" Technoblade asked as he took back his seat, watching as Philza went straight for the burning fire in the back of the house, holding his hands above the distant flame. The soft tune of the record still carrying through the comfortable silence.

"Cold, but other wise good. How are you holding up out here?"

Technoblade shrugged, picking up a book from the table he sat at and put a dried leaf in the page as a bookmark. "It's been quite up here since your last visit, hasn't snowed much since then either." The man stood, holding the book in his left hand as he walked over to a bookshelf filled with colorful spines of books and journals, a few trinkets filling the gaps between the many works. All of the spines were worn, like they had been opened many times over in the past few hours, days. Technoblade slid the book into a small gap and went into the small kitchen adjacent from the fire place, digging through some cabinets and pulling out two ceramic mugs and setting them on the counter.

Technoblade opened a small container filled with loose-leaf-tea, and two tea bags. "Tea?" The man asked quietly, already filling the empty tea bags with the herbs.

"Tea sounds amazing, thank you." Philza sniffed, the fast transition from the cold air to warm air was making his noes run. The blonde haired man moved away from the fire place, his hands feeling a lot warmer than what they started out being. Technoblade walked over to the fire place, picking up the kettle that rested on a hook above the flame, somehow the metal handle wasn't hot, or just wasn't to that degree of burning. The pink haired man poured the hot water over the tea bags, the clear water turning a honey brown within seconds. Technoblade set the empty kettle down and brought the two cups to the wooden table where Philza sat, trying to find a comfortable position so that his wings wouldn't be crushed against the chair.

"I'm sorry I don't a chair that would be more comfortable for you Philza, I meant to get one but forgot all about it," Technoblade apologized, setting the hot mugs onto the table in front of his guest. "But, would you like milk or sugar?"

"Sugar is fine, and don't be sorry mate, I'm just glad to be warm." Philza's laughter was contagious, making Technoblade join in with him as the record spinning came to and end, and the pink haired man restarted it, then grabbing a container of sugar and setting in on the table. The man sat back down in his chair, taking his glasses off.

The two men fell into easy conversation while they drank their tea, mostly talking about past experiences and little stories they had to share. It was a drastic change from what Technoblade and Philza were use to, but that's what made it so appealing to them both.

Technoblade was use to talk of battle and destruction, or barely any talk at all. He wasn't really able to talk much about personal experiences, either because his situation didn't allow it, or no one was listening or was there to listen. Philza was much the same, but not the talk of battle and destruction. He just didn't really have someone to talk to much anymore, so becoming friends with Technoblade was an unexpectant, but a welcomed, surprise.

1366 words

:)

a/n- another update/filler-chapter because I didn't want to do school work today, but I'll do it tomorrow afternoon lol

If you could, point out any grammar mistakes or misspelled words? It helps me out a lot :)