RANBOO

twenty-seven | Ranboo

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ
ʀᴀɴʙᴏᴏ

The sun was above the faraway mountains, the clouds covering most of it and the sky, making it seem like it was going to rain soon, much to Ranboo's dismay. He wouldn't be able to go outside if it rained, and he needed to talk to someone. Anyone.

He planned on Vienna, knowing she was the only other one to know of his involvement in George's house burning down, the woman was the only other one to know that Tommy had taken all of the blame, sparing him from the same fate. Ranboo felt guilty, and his dreams were haunted with the boys face, along with the regular night terrors he would have. Mostly of creatures that stood taller than any human, and were colored darker than the night sky, darker than coal.

Ranboo walked around the woods, trying to find the silver haired woman's house, trying to remember the way Tommy took to get to her house before his exile. He tried to map out the forest in his mind but to no avail, he couldn't remember.

He could never remember..

Wandering around for hours it seemed, the sky darkening with each passing second, Ranboo quickened his pace through the woods, his heart racing with the fear that it was going to rain. If it rained, and he couldn't find shelter, then he was in for a horrible time, worse than horrible.

Ranboo was a hybrid of sorts, one of his parents being from Endermen origin. It was a known fact to the people that Endermen can't be in water because it'll burn them, kill them at worst. The tall creatures wont survive if caught in the rain, many of their corpses were found over the years after thunderstorms until slowly the Endermen started to disappear until there were none left. Most thought they went extinct.

Ranboo was half Enderman, at least so he thought. He couldn't remember his parents faces, or even their voices, he had no recollection of his life before stumbling onto L'Manburg, only hazy colors and blurred faces. But since Ranboo was only half Enderman, he wouldn't die from the rain or prolonged water exposure, he would just be severely harmed and left with scars wherever the water touched his skin. So either way, he wasn't much better off.

"Come on.." Ranboo whispered to himself, searching the forest relentlessly, trying to find the house hidden within the trees. He kicked himself for not asking someone to show him the way, or at least point him in the right direction. Little did he know, he was going the opposite way, his mind playing tricks on him, and with the fear of the rain catching him before reaching shelter, Ranboo was missing the details that he could remember about his journey with the blonde boy. He didn't see the way the trees started to thin, and didn't remember that the tree's around Vienna were dense and hard to move through if in large groups.

Ranboo didn't question the small pond he came across, when there was no pond near Vienna's house. Not one at all. He rushed around the pond, looking in between the trees, hoping to catch a small stream of light filtering through the leaves. He found himself leaning on a small hill with exposed stone and a small outcrop, catching his breath and trying to calm down.

'I can't get caught in the rain, I can't get caught in the rain, I can't get caught in the rain,' repeated in his head, pushing him forward, but this time also looking for caves or something to hide under if the storm came.

"Please, plea-" Ranboo halted, a hiss of pain escaping his mouth. The two-toned man looked down at his left arm as it gripped onto a birch tree, seeing the water droplet fall down his exposed forearm, leaving a pale strip of skin in it's wake. Ranboo wiping it away with his sleeve quickly, rushing back to the hill that had a small outcrop to hide under.

He tried pushing himself into a ball, staying away from the perimeter of the stone outcrop to avoid the rain that slowly started to pick up. He felt a few splatters on his arms, constantly feeling like his skin was on fire as he tried to become one with the stone behind him, pushing his back onto it, even though he was already flush against the cool material. He slid along the wall, Ranboo's hand shaking as they jam into something hard and textured. Something not made of the stone walls, something that Vienna knew well.

Ranboo looked to his hand, staring at the lever stuck into the wall, covered in vines and rusted. the man didn't think twice before pulling the rusted lever, his mind not letting him reason with his action or thoughts, he just wanted out of the rain. A crack of lightning across the sky and a splash of water on his leg brought Ranboo into motion, his right hand wrapping around the lever and pulling down, opening a door right beside of him. Coincidentally. Again, Ranboo didn't take a second to think before rushing into the newly opened door, taking refuge from the pouring rain. There were still some drops on his skin, burning as Ranboo's back sank down the wall, pulling his sleeve over his skin in order to try and dry the stubborn drops that remained.

His breathing was quick and uneven, boarding a panic attack. His hands shook to badly to do much of anything, memories Ranboo couldn't remember returning to the surface. Memories of pain, and screams, and dark shadows walking around with a smile on their faces.

Water, so much water, and shouts of pain. There were screams coming from somewhere, where were they coming from? Why were they so loud? They sounded scratchy, sounded like they were more animal than human, more beast than anything else. The screams began to get louder and louder, until they sounded like they were right in Ranboo's ears, right in front of his face. Ranboo held his hands to his ears, digging his nails into his hair, trying to stop the screams, trying to stop the sounds that made his ears bleed. The screams weren't even muffled, they only got louder.

"Stop! Stop!" Ranboo shouted as he shook his head, his mouth open in a scream of his own, trying to drown out the noise with all his power. The walls around him felt like they were closing in, like they were suffocating him as the screams echoed off of them, vibrating throughout the staircase that lead to the unknown darkness. It felt like there were nails scraping at the floor, like the darkness was a monster trying to silence him, trying to hold him captive in his own thoughts.

Thunder sounds and the lighting cracks across the sky again, then it all stops, and everything goes quiet, calm. The claws of darkness retreat down the stairs, the screams stop, and Ranboo's hands uncover his ears as he breathes heavily. Somehow he ended up curled up on the floor, cold concrete or stone cooling his burning body. The rain wasn't able to reach the two-toned man, but he still felt like he was on fire.

He couldn't remember.

He never remembered.

1200 words

:)

a/n- 600 followers update people! I wanted to put something out to celebrate, and I hope this chapter is good,

good night from me though!