7. Intentions

Another update after what? Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Of you haven't voted on my previous chapters, please vote on this one.

It motivates me to want to write more and better.

         Please vote, comment, and SHARE!

Wednesday arrived, the day of the hand over had arrived and Fiona was happy. Finally, all the weight of the school was finally being lifted off her shoulders. After the social night, Fiona took her shower and slept immediately she touched the bed. Amaka asked her what happened and she told her about it. She was livid but Fiona had begged her to leave it. Saying he wasn't worth the anger and expulsion.

Despite all the hurtful things he had said, the crush she still had for him was still there. In her heart, she hoped that kelechi would one day learn to like her. On Monday he'd missed their tutorials and when she confronted him for it, he totally ignored her. Since then she hadn't spoken to him. Adam on the other hand never missed his tutorials for anything, he loved being close to her.

Now they were all seated in that hall. Break had ended but they had decided to use the remaining school period to handover the post to their Juniors (the SS2 students). Amaka and Fiona were seated at the back, their focus on principal Obi who spoke about different things. Truth be told, the only watched her mouth move but didn't hear anything they had said. After hours of talking they started calling the students and assigning their posts to them.

"Obianuju okonkwo, dinning prefect" Mrs Adah said. Amaka walked up to the stage and handed her badge to the new and latest dining prefect of RBC. The calls continued until they had arrived at the post of Head boy and girl. Both Adam and Fiona stood on the stage as they waited for Mrs Adah to call the students.

"Head boy goes to Israel Davis" the students clapped as Israel walked over to the stage and collected the badge from Adam with a smile.

"And for the post of the head girl, Ifunanya Ejike" Mrs Adah announced. Fiona watched as she moved swiftly to the stage, a certain aura of Grace surrounding her. She offered the badge to her and Ifunanya collected it with a huge smile. They went back to their seats.

"I suggest that you all respect the new prefects, if you disobey and disregard them, it's the same thing as disrespecting the school authority. Is that clear?" She asked

"Yes ma'am" the school chorused. She turned towards the SS3 students.

"As for you SS3 students, make sure you respect yourself and try not to cause any troubles. Your MOCK exams are coming soon so I suggest your bend your backs and start reading" she said.

Finally the hand over and ended and the students filled out of the hall happily. The new prefects were asked to stay back while they gave them each a rule book. Fiona and Amaka sighed in content.

"In as much as I loved my post, I'm so relieved right now. No more complaints from the Juniors or from the principal" Amaka said as she gestured carelessly.

Fiona nodded in agreement. "I'm also relieved too. Being the Head girl was like being the president. So not easy" she said.

They walked back to the hostel. Time for lunch had not arrived. What they didn't expect was to see a student being flogged mercilessly by Uduak. Fiona's nose flared as anger radiated off her. She felt like hitting Uduak so bad but she didn't have the strength.

"Uduak" she called authoritatively, Uduak turned with a frown on her face.

Juniors had stopped to watch. "Are you sick? Who gave you the permission to hit a junior student?" Fiona asked angrily.