17. Lonely

Thank you Vahneee and ophy14 for all your votes and comments ❤️.

Incase you haven't been voting for the previous chapters, please vote and comment 🙏🥺

Time passed and Fiona seemed to have gotten closer to Kelechi. He was all she could think of, well– partially. Adam avoided Fiona like a plague, and she seemed to have noticed it. One day when she'd tried approaching him, he waved her off and left her feeling embarrassed and angry. Now she was seated in class as the biology teacher rambled on and on. Fiona hated biology so much, that didn't mean that she wouldn't pass the subject.

Her eyes kept moving to the wall clock, she couldn't wait for break time to arrive. Amaka noticed it and asked her why she was so eager for break to arrive but she shrugged the answer off. Amaka frowned, she didn't like how attached she was getting to Kelechi. One time she tried talking to her about it and it ended up badly. They fought that day all because of Kelechi.

Finally the bell signalling break time rang and Fiona stuffed her books into her table. "Are you sure it's nothing?. I've never seen you so excited for break before." Amaka with concern, her forehead was creased.

Fiona smiled "it's nothing. I just have to meet Kelechi at the garden." Fiona said happily.

"Alone?" Amaka asked.

"Why would we be alone?" Fiona asked, her brows creased in confusion.

"Fiona you know students no longer go there all the time. You can't be alone with him na" Amaka said, discomfort and disapproval clearly evident on her face.

Fiona folded her arms. "What are you trying to imply now?" She asked as she glared at Amaka who wasn't even fazed by it. Kelechi was changing her and she hated it.

"I'm just saying that it's not safe to be with Kelechi alone." Amaka said matter of fact as she turned towards the opposite side.

"I know you're saying all these just because you don't like him. You keep shipping me with Adam and it's not funny. You know how much I like Kelechi." She said with a huge frown on her face. Most students had gone out of the class and Grace wasn't in school today. No one knew why.

"Apart from my dislike Fiona, don't you see. There's something fishy going on here. Wasn't he the one who insulted you during socials, how come all of a sudden he now likes you." Amaka said, her voice slightly higher than she expected it to be.

Fiona scoffed. "Save your theories for yourself Amaka." Fiona said before walking out of the classroom angrily.

Amaka sighed as she gripped her hair slightly. Her best friend was head over hola for this boy and was clearly blinded by him. How else would she make Fiona understand her point. She groaned in frustration, she was really worried for her best friend.

Fiona made her way to the love garden and slumped on the bench. She had a deep frown on her face. This was the second fight they were having all because of Kelechi.

Why can't she just learn to like at least for my sake.

Fiona sighed dejectedly. Her eyes roamed the garden, she spotted few students standing by the broken fountain. They had their snacks in their hands as they laughed and talked. Fiona felt lonely, the guy she'd fought with her best friend for wasn't even here. As she stood up from the bench, her finger grazed a nail which left a small cut on her finger. Blood oozed from the cut, she gripped the finger in her palm as she walked quickly to the school's clinic. She wasn't watching where she was going which resulted in her colliding with a firm chest.