25. Some type of Love

Guys!! We're at 1k! Thank you so much for taking your time to read my book. I really, really, really appreciate it ❤️❤️❤️.

OMG, Fiona's so happy rn😭😂❤️

Thank you really and if you haven't been voting, please vote. Thank you!

Don't forget to comment too, please 🥺🥺.

Fiona's condition had worsened, and so had their moods. Adam was a bag of  mess. He couldn't focus on anything related to school. When he stared at the board, all he could see was Fiona's pale skin, her bony structure and her bald head. It broke him. Nothing, nothing at all seemed to cheer him at all.

Amaka's condition on the other hand wasn't different from Adam's. She was so sad, you'd barely see a smile on her face. Fiona's seat felt so cold. Grace had tried to cheer her up times without number but it didn't work at all. Fiona was all they could think about. It was a Friday and whilst Amaka was in school, Adam decided to take a break. His mum and dad were against it at first but when they saw how broken their son looked, they had no option but to allow him stay at him. The main purpose for staying – FIONA.

He had arrived at the hospital few minutes ago, his phone clutched in his hands. Once he had arrived at her door, he took a deep breath as if trying to stable himself. He opened the door, a huge smile on his face as he met the girl he liked so much, half-sitting on the bed with more wires attached to her body. It pained him but he couldn't let her know how much it hurt to see her that way.

"Hey!" He greeted as he walked over to the chair beside her bed.

She smiled weakly before whispering a 'hey' back to him. Adam sat down, he placed his phone on the table before turning his body to face Fiona who had now fully laid on the bed. Every move she made hurt her. She knew her days were coming to an end and she wished she had appreciated every little small thing. She wished she had told her friends that she didn't have much time left.

"How do you feel?" Adam asked awkwardly. He silently cursed himself, of all questions to ask.

"Do you want me to tell you the truth?" Fiona whispered.

"Yes." Adam answered.

"I feel like my life is being sucked out of me little by little. I feel like the room is closing in on me. I feel so weak I could barely lift a cup of water on my own. And worst of all, I feel so much regrets." She laid down everything which she felt and Adam was left speechless. What was he to say to assure her that all was going to be well?. "Now tell me Adam, how do you feel?" She asked.

"I feel sick Fiona. I feel sad, I don't want to loose but your predicament is beyond my power. Everyday, I see you go through so much pains. It hurts so much Fiona." He said, his voice cracked.

Fiona stretched out her palm weakly towards him. He grasped it immediately, as if he would loose it if he didn't. "Adam?" She called.

"You're only in SS3." She said with a small smile playing on her lips. "Why are you acting like some grown ass man who is heads over heels for a woman?" She asked teasingly.

Adam smiled at her attempt of a joke. And maybe he knew he was too young for love, his eyes widened as realization dawned on him. He loved her, he didn't just like her, he loved Fiona.

"Maybe it's because I am." He answered, a smirk playing on his lips.

Fiona frowned. "You can't." She said. Every trace of humour had vanished.