Chapter twenty nine

I roll out of bed in a happy mood and make my way downstairs. I grab my phone from inside my purse along with a blunt I rolled earlier. I turn on my phone and the flood of messages return to my screen. I text the group chat and let them know I'm fine but I can't even exit the chat before they start to blow my phone up once again.
Tia: where the hell have you been?
Stanley: bitchhh you have some explaining to do!! Why did Donny leave your house at 11pm?!
Sophia: HAILEY!
Me: Ok tell you what, meet at my house in 30?
They all agree and I spark my blunt before texting Jarell. I type my message and then delete it many times before I go with a simple hey. I set my phone down and enjoy my blunt while I wait.

I finish my blunt before everyone comes over. I run upstairs and take a quick shower before they get here. I throw my hair up in a bun and decide on pajamas for the day. I make it back downstairs just before they ring my doorbell. "It's open!" I shout as I clean up the living room. I can hear them from the kitchen as I put my dirty dishes in the dishwasher. When I get back to the living room I check my phone, no message yet. "Ladies! And Stanley, how have you been?" They stare at me. "How have we been?! How about worried?" Stanley opens his mouth first.

"I'm sorry I just needed to clear my head, I should have said something." The three of them hug me and I break into a smile. "We forgive you." They make themselves comfortable on my couch leaving me the old lazy boy. "So what have I missed?" I check my phone again but to no avail. "There's this new smoothie shop in the mall, ugh it's like sex in your mouth. The flavors from the fresh fruit hit different."  Sophia eagerly fills me in on what's new. I look at my phone again but after seeing no message I give up and turn it off.

"Okay spill it, what are you waiting for?" Tia asks. I groan in frustration before telling them my dilemma. "Okay so remember how I told you that some girl called Jarell?" The theee nod in sync. "Well during the time I've spent time with Donny and he gave me clarity. I forgave him. I need to forgive Jarell but he hasn't text me back." The three look at each other than back at me. "Just give him some time, he might be at work or something." Stanley says. "Hell he might be out trying to figure out how to say sorry." Tia try's to make me feel better.

"Yea I guess. So about that smoothie shop in the mall?" They agree so we all pile into Stanley's car. "Honestly I was thinking about dying my hair red." Sophia says as we drive through downtown. "Like red red or I was afriad so I did a dark red so it wouldn't be noticeable red?" I ask and she shrugs. "I'm not sure red." We laugh at her bad joke. "I'm so glad I bought that reserved space here, it's always so hard to find parking." Stanley pulls into a parking spot that has his name on the sign.

As we walk through the mall I take a double look inside one of the stores and see someone who looks kinda like Jarell. I shake my head and grab my phone from my pants pocket. Turning it on I see I have one message.
Jarell: Hey... i miss you
Me: can we meet tonight? Six at poppa Stromboli's?
I put my phone back in my pocket and listen in on the debate the twins are having. "Aliens are definitely here on earth analyzing us, we aren't anything but test subjects for them." Tia says and Sophia scoffs. "Please if aliens were here on earth they would have made themselves known." Stanley and I look at eachother before covering our smiles. I do not want to be involved in that.

We wait in line at the smoothie shop and I have a hard time deciding between blueberry banana and mango pineapple. I go with my first choice and choose a table in the middle of the food court so I can see the busy people running around trying to get last minute graduation presents ready. That reminds me I have to get the twins and Jarell something. I excuse myself from the group and promise them I'll be back in 25 minutes.

I stop at Tias favorite store, Spencer's, and grab her some Rick and Marty sweats and a weed hoodie that had one Lil bud growing out of the ground. I'm trying to be fast with these gifts because I wanna go home and start to get ready for tonight. My phone goes off as I walk into foot locker.
Jarell: Sure. Meet you there?
Me: okay
Somebody's phone goes off in the Isle next to me and my brain starts going at 1000 miles an hour. It's almost too coincidental. I make my way to the end of the shoe isles and stick my head around so I can see who's in the isle. Jarell is standing there next to another girl, his arm around her shoulders as she shows him a pair of shoes. "Those are actually heat!" The girl does a happy dance and asks the sales clerk to get her those in a size 7. I decide to text Jarell again just to see why he does.
Me: I'll pick you up?
I watch as he steps away from the girl to text me back. Anger boils inside of me so I just focus on getting Sophia's slides. I get her two pairs of yeezy slides in red and black. Even though I'm mad at him I decide to go to the jewelry store and get Jarell a new Cuban chain.

I meet the group by a candy store and we all decide to head back to my house. Stanley drops the twins off at their house because their mom called and asked them to help her with rearranging for a party they are having. Stanley and I go upstairs to my room. "What did you get them?" He asks as I set the bags on my bed. "I got Tia some clothes, phia some slides and Jarell a new chain but I don't know if I'm going to give it to him." I sit down at my vanity and pull out my weed and a backwood. "Why?" Stanley kicks his shoes off and then crawls under my blankets. "I saw him in the mall today with another girl. At first I thought I was tripping because I missed him but in footlocker I actually saw them. He was helping her pick out shoes and he had her under his arm."

Stanley stares at the ceiling while I finish rolling my weed. "Well you are meeting him tonight right?" I nod. "So just lay everything out on the table. You're going there to talk about the girl that was on his phone anyway." Stanley has a point but for some reason I feel nervous. I spark the backwood and then crawl under the covers with Stanley. As we smoke we watch tv and talk about how Stanley and his boyfriend broke up a while ago because Stan found out he's been cheating. I look over at the clock and groan because it's 4:45. I jump in the shower while Stanley pulls out my outfit.

I wash my hair then myself. I wrap my robe around myself and make my way into my room. "So what did you come up with?" I sit in front of my vanity and start to detangle my hair. I decide to go with my favorite side ponytail. Once my hairs done I look over the outfits Stanley has chosen. I decide to go with the ripped jeans and white tank top crop, I pair that with a black button up and my black and white shoes. "Well how do I look?" I look over at the clock and it's 5:30. "Like a babe." He hands me my purse and my phone. "Knock him dead baby." He ushers me out of my own house. I hop in my car and start to drive down the street, I'm at a red light when I realize I don't know Jarells address.
Me: hey I need the address!
Jarell: I stay in the brick building on 17th.

He stays a good twenty minutes from where I'm at now. I type in the address on my gps and start the drive over to his house.