Chapter 18: Experience Torture

This chapter is not for sensitive beings.

____________________________

*******

Mariam's POV

*******

For a split second I thought he was some kind of man practicing magic tricks to show little kids and then was beaten up by his wife and became a psycho who ran away from the mental hospital two years ago and now is hiding in an underground home, capturing innocent people and tickling them. The thought was so hilarious. Am I sane right now?

The psycho-looking man walked around Yamato, Adam, Maymoona and the cloaked men guarding them to come nearer to me. He took broad steps and his red eyes which seem to twinkle didn't leave my own. He took off his tall hat and offered it to me.

Now I really think he was a psycho that ran away from the mental hospital and tickled innocent people for fun. Which person offers his prisoners a tall hat? I looked inside once and there was nothing.

I looked behind his shoulder to see Adam smirking and Maymoona with the most ridiculous face. Yamato looked somber.

I looked back at the psycho. "You're bluffing."

"You're funny."

"What?" I blinked.

"Funny."

"Do you need a doctor? I can take you to one." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Nice sense of humour. I like it." He laughed.

"Thanks."

"Welcome."

What am I even doing right now? Why are we talking with each other like some old friends?

"Now, look in the hat again." He raised an eyebrow and took another step nearer with his hat held out towards me.

I looked inside to see a disembodied hand. Whoa, whoa! What. The. Hell. Where did that come from? I had just looked in the hat and there was nothing in there and now... There's a freshly cut human's hand.

I gaped at him, horrified and he grinned back, wacky. "My bad!"

"You're horrible." I shut my eyes and looked away. I was right about one thing. He was a magician. Not the children's one. The one who does real magic. Black magic.

"Am I?" I heard him walk back. I opened my eyes to see he was wearing the hat again and was standing beside Maymoona.  She was cowering and looking at Adam for some help. As if he could do anything right now. He was ignoring her though, trying hard to stand still, because of course, he was hit.

"Now I feel accomplished. I have all you four and now I won't have to be in stress anymore." The psycho moved away from Maymoona and started walking around the room, his black boots making 'clicks' as he took each step.

"I will first talk about who I am and where in the world you are, secondly I will go over some rules and regulations that are meant to be followed, then I will announce some announcements, then there will be a show put up for all of you to watch, and finally dinner will be served." He stopped walking. "Don't take this as a party." He said in a low, fierce voice. "It will be very horrifying."

I gulped and shuddered. It will be very horrifying. The voice echoed in my brain. I didn't like the sound of this.

Adam collapsed suddenly. I didn't think his muscles were able to hold him up any longer.