Chapter 23: The Ones Who Have a Home to Return To

Hey!

The updates have gotten slower, I know, I know. But at least they're not updated in a month or two like before. :D

I love reading comments and sadly I try to reply to them but I need my account activated, and well, it's not working. ;-;

I have a rough idea how my story will go now. I feel so accomplished and I'm so happy. Like, I know what happened 'That Night.' I'm the first one to know! :O

I've also gotten into poetry. I didn't realize it until some people pointed out why I speak in a poetic manner. They seriously don't understand what I say.

Even the simplest term like, 'Who is popular?' -Which I tend to say - 'Who's all the rage?'

I hope it isn't becoming a problem.

"So which kind of guards are in this?" I ask my last question.

"The ones who have a home to return to."

*****

Adam's POV

*******

We use our voice, our words, to kill a human heart.

A simple stab in the back with a knife doesn't hurt as much as when the person you love

Is

Saying things about you with such malice, with such hatred

Behind your

Back.

Saying cruel words, those venoms.

You were left there, thinking there was someone that really loved you.

But what

A

Pity.

Think about it. How can you live through such pain?

How can you

Survive?

There are no sour tears anymore, just eyes begging to die.

The world is black.

It's black.

It's evil. It's cruel. It contains poisons. Those poisons are humans. I want them finished, gone.

Then I may

Rest

In

Pieces. Not peace. There isn't peace.

Just pieces because that's how my destiny was written.

I sat up, waking up from a horrid dream, my body tense and shaken up. My face was damp, and I realized it was tears. Tears? Beads of sweat rolled down my temples ever so slowly, leaving wet trails, probably glinting in the sunlight. The sunlight came through a window, a crimson curtain draped over it, on my left side.

My head was slaying me, my brain about to burst. The sides of my torsos were too, hurting me. I felt like I was underwater, no air, no sounds. Just the sound of my pumping heart. Just the smell of the hot atmosphere. I got out of my bedsheets and ran my hand through my hair, catching wet strands. My movements were slow, my body so sore. The muscles ached and I swear I thought I was pretty much dead. I wiped my face to wash off the tears and thought about the dream I just had. Just a room with no light and an awfully familiar voice. I thought it was Mina's voice. It sounded like hers. Cold, slow, and the words full of meaning.