Chapter 32: The Possible Freedom

Just a few announcements!

I guess no one's interested in the contest, so I'll just cancel it- unless some people are working on their entries and are almost done. Since I don't want your work to go to waste. You guys still can show me and I can display it :)

ALSO I made a tumblr account and I absolutely have nothing to do on there except browse stuff. So I was thinking I'd do things for Befriended and Kid Killer and my OCs. I'll also post drawings and quotes, etc. etc. My user is Kiahahaha if you're interested. :D

ALSOOOOOOOO I'M WRITING A NEW STORY AND IT'S CALLED KID KILLER AND THE FIRST CHAPTER IS UPLOADED AND I WANT YOU GUYS TO CHECK IT OUT AND COMMENT ON IT :DDD

Sorry, got a little carried away there. But yeah, check out Kid Killer and give it a star. ;)

*Chapter will be edited**

I feel like I want to say more stuff but I think I forgot.

"We've escaped to find freedom and let me tell you that NO ONE can take that. Away. From. You."

~Altai

*****

Adam's POV

******

I stomped back up the stairs, slamming the basement door behind me. I raise my head to see the front hall bustling around with people healing the wound and washing blood off their bodies. A few parents comforted their children by hugging their small, frightened bodies. I walk over to where Altai and others were sitting with Arlie in my arms.

"Spread a mat." I say and Maymoona brings over a dusty sheet that covered a table. I saw Bliquorice by her and I raised an eyebrow. "Where did you find him?"

"The animal cages at the back of the slaughterhouse. Anyways, what happened to her?" She hurries over, taking Arlie out of my arms and lays her on the sheet. Maymoona gasped at the blood flowing out and turned towards me.

"She's dead." I conclude.

"What?" Everyone, especially Yamato, say in shock. He steps forward, crouching down, and checks Arlie's pulse. His face grows pale and sits down properly to keep himself stable. "Adam, how did this happen?"

"It's my fault." I tightened my jaw. "She died in the fight. Someone shot her head."

Maymoona starts crying while Mariam continues to glare at me. Which reminds me that I needed to know why she was checking the old man's pulse.

"What were you doing down there?" I ask her.

"Checking to see if you didn't kill him."

Instantly pissed, I replied. "I already did. I don't freaking regret it."

"So that's what the booming sound was." Altai mumbled as he cleaned Arlie's blood off her face. I looked to see Yamato and Maymoona staring into the distance, obviously shaken up by her death. The old man deserved it, he was the real one responsible for her.

Mariam got up from the ground and began walking over to Yusuf. I took long glides towards her and grasped her arm, stopping her. She turns her head to face me.

"Leave me alone." She says through gritted teeth.

"You're spending an awful lot of time with Yusuf, right? Don't trust him."

"But I do. I have a chance to change him." She tried walking away when my grip got tighter.

"Mariam, I care about you, okay?" My eyes bore into hers.