Sick in alaska (part 3)

Nates POV

Your friends results are also negative but because of their fevers and symptoms I would like you to go get them checked out at an urgent care where they can do tests to rule out strep, bronchitis, ear infections and the flu. Normally where you are from it's not a big deal but due to the cold weather in Alaska within a matter of hours those simple sickness can turn into worse things that might require hospitalization if not treated with an antibiotic within 3 days of symptoms.

Thank you for your time. I will get them checked out today.

I roll up my window and pull out onto the street. Sam and Colby are still sleeping in the back. The won't like the news I'm about to tell them. It's almost lunchtime so I pull into a bread co. I park and then I turn around to wake Sam and Colby up and talk to them. I reach over and shake them awake. They really do feel warm.

Hey guys can you wake up? I need to talk to you about something.

They sit up and look at me.

You guys aren't going to be happy with what I'm about to tell you but you don't really have a choice. Your covid tests came back negative. So while you don't have covid I did talk with the nurse for a bit and she wants me to take you to an urgent care for a few more tests. I know I told you we could continue with 25x25 if it was negative but seeing how you guys are acting it makes me a bit concerned. So I am going to take you to urgent care right now.

Sam and Colby just nod their heads and lay back down. I was expecting them to be upset about that news but they didn't seem to care.

You guys are really out of it. Before I take you guys to urgent care I would like you to try to eat a little something. It doesn't have to be much but you didn't eat lunch or dinner yesterday and you didn't want breakfast this morning. It's not healthy to not eat for so long. So what would you guy's like to eat? We are at bread co.

Sam- I'll just have some soup

Colby what do you want.

Colby- I don't want anything.

I'm going to get you a soup like Sam. I would like you to take at least 5 bites of it. You don't have to finish but please just eat some.

Colby nods and sniffles. I pull through the drive thru. I order 2 chicken noodle soups and a sandwich for myself. I hand the soups back to be boys. I watch them in the mirror while I eat.

Sam's POV
The bumpy car ride is making my head pound. It hurts to open my eyes and breathe. Nate won't take no for an answer so when he hands me my soup I take a bite. It hurts my throat so bad to eat but I take another bite. I look over at Colby who is holding his soup but not eating it. I nudge Colby in the side and move my eyes to his soup. He looks over at me. He takes in a deep breath and picks up his spoon. He takes 1 bite. I smile at him but he doesn't smile back. I take another bite of my soup. The warmth of it is starting to make my throat feel a bit better. I still feel like absolute crap but I'm able to finish my soup. I set the empty bowl next to me and lean my head back against the headrest of the seat. My chest still hurts. I try to take a deep breath but end up in a coughing fit. I feel and sound so congested and I want to cry.

Colbys POV
I woke up with a stomach ache. It wasn't bad at all but I'm starting to feel more sick. Nate tells us to eat something and I really don't want to eat because my stomach hurts. I don't tell him that though. I'm just sitting here with my soup when I feel Sam gently elbow me and signal towards my soup. I know he wants me to take a bite. I haven't even told Sam that my stomach hurts. I pick up the spoon and take a small bite. I see Nate looking at me so I take another bite. I tiredly take 2 more bites and then set it to the side because my stomach hurt a bit more now. Nate pulls out and starts to drive. About 10 minutes later I start to feel shaky and my stomach is killing me. I lean my head against the cold window and tightly shut my eyes to try and block out the pain. It isn't working though. I know I'm about start crying at any moment. I feel like I'm going to throw up which makes my anxiety worse. My hands slowly make their way down to my stomach.