Colby gets a cold

I'm sickk..." Colby whined over the phone. 

There was a distinct scratchiness in his voice and he sounded nasally even over the phone.

you frowned lightly. You were on your bed at your apartment trying to come up with ideas for videos while you edited one for Saturday. Then you had to drop off a book for someone.

"Are you free" Colby questioned, a pathetic sniffle following. You couldn't help but smile at him. He was just so clingy and cuddly when he wasn't feeling well, and you already knew where the conversation was heading. 

Yes. you told him, throwing your covers off and standing from your bed. I will be over in 10-15 minutes. I have to drop a book off for someone.

You put the phone on speaker, listening to Colby's uneven breaths as you started changing into a clean shirt.

"You continued to your door, phone in hand, slipping on some socks and a pair of shoes.

"I'm in the car, is there anything you want me to pick up on the way back?

I'm out of NyQuil... And some orange juice would be nice," Colby said quietly. He usually hated making you buy things for him, often refusing whenever you'd offer. 

"Alright," you said quietly, settling yourself into the driver's side. See you soon. 

When you finally arrived at Colbys you simply walked in. You'd been there enough to know you didn't need to knock. You carried a slushie, and a plastic bag filled with Colby's requested items as well as a few other sick related things.

"You slowly walk to Colbys room. You paused outside Colby's door, listening to his uneven breaths, and occasional coughs. 

When you finally pushed the door open, you remained quiet. Colby was sleeping restlessly. His breaths short and shallow. His covers were on but he was shivering. 

You didn't have the heart to wake him up if he was asleep. He did look ill. His face was a weird mix of pale and flushed and he sounded stuffed up and congested even in his sleep. 

You walked silently into the room, setting the convenient store bag on the floor, and the slushie on his nightstand. You pushed his hair back, settling your palm across his forehead to see if he had a fever. He did. He wasn't overly warm, but definitely warmer than he usually was. 

You left his room, leaving him to sleep in peace while he could. You went out and sat on his couch to edit some more.  It was quiet other than the sound of Jake playing video games next door.

You decided to see what you could make for Colby to eat when he woke up. He's probably going to be hungry from not eating all day. At least that's how it is when he's been sick before.

You searched through the cupboards, digging out a carton of chicken stock. You found a package of Ramen noodles as well, then moved on to dig through the fridge. You pulled out some carrots and celery. 

After pulling a pot out of a cupboard, you threw together a quick and easy chicken soup recipe. You added some seasonings and hot sauce, chopped celery and carrots. You added the ramen noodles at the last minute, not bothering to add the chicken flavor packet to your soup.

It wasn't gourmet, but it was pretty good considering what you had to work with. Plus, chicken soup was always the go-to food when someone is sick. 

You stirred the soup, letting the flavors develop. A quiet gasp left your mouth when arms circled around your chest  and a chin was rested on your shoulder. You tilted your head to see Colby's brown hair falling over his eyes.