38

We had been at Froggie's for over an hour, everyone having a drink and hanging out. I was trying to relax and enjoy myself. Stacia and Derrick were dancing out on the floor, Liam and Hailey dancing as well, leaving me sitting at the booth sipping my fruity drink with Faye.

"Looks like Tarran and Millie are here." Faye nodded in their direction as they walked toward us. Both girls looked terrific, Tarran with her long dark hair, a black tube dress, and doc marten books. Millie, with her blonde hair in its usual pixie cut, wearing an oversized sweatshirt and skirt.

"Hey, ladies!"Faye greeted them, holding up her glass."Faye, Avery." They slid into the booth with us.

"How are you guys?"I asked, taking a long sip of my drink.I hadn't intended on getting drunk, but a nice buzz to distract me from everything was sounding great.

"We're good.  You seem. .a little, buzzed?"  Tarran questioned, raising her brow with a smirk.

"Maybe, I'm working on it." I laughed.

"You look amazing tonight, Avery." Millie smiled. I looked down at myself then back up.

"Thanks, you look great as always, both of you girls." I giggled. "You girls want a drink? I'm going to get myself another!" I stood, taking their drink orders and heading to the bar. I ordered our drinks with the bartender, a guy I had met a few times, one of Derrick's friends. I stood waiting, watching everyone on the dance floor. This guy slid in next to me, blonde curls, blue eyes, and a fantastic body. No denying that he was hot; several other ladies around me were admiring him as well.

"Hello." He smiled down at me. He was easily 6'3" and his smile 1,000 watts of panty-dropping."Hi." I smile politely. Despite his good looks, he wasn't Cullen. He wasn't my Cullen, and I had no interest in anything but being friendly.

"You're beautiful."  He said as he motioned for the bartender.

"Well, thank you, so are you." I laughed.

He chuckled, grabbing his beer. I went to reach for my drinks, and he came in, holding one."Looks like you need some help." I nodded and let him follow me back to the table. Tarran, Millie, and Faye all looked up in awe as I approached the table with the tall hottie.

"I got our drinks and a new friend." I teased.  I was so buzzed.

"I see that,"  Tarran stated, looking him up and down then giving me a questioning look. I shrugged.

"Who are you?"  Millie demanded."Hello, ladies.  I'm Marcus." He sat the drinks down then extended his hand. They all greeted one another, and Marcus joined us at our booth after I insisted, causing the girls to raise their brows at me.

"So, Marcus.  Are you a student?" Tarran questioned.I sat quietly sipping my drink, much faster than I meant to, as before I knew it, I was sucking air, causing those around me to turn and look. I shrugged my shoulders and giggled into a hiccup. This was going to be bad. I had flashbacks to Italy and my Karaoke vomit fest.