Chapter Twenty Four

*There's a scene in this chapter that can be very triggering for some. Please don't read if it makes you uncomfortable.*

Sophia Wood's Point Of View

I stood there standing in the rain for what felt like forever. The cold rain piercing my skin felt like nothing compared to the ache in my chest. Slowly and stiffly, I began walking back to my apartment. I shut the door behind me and leaned my head against the door. 

God, Blake... Why did you leave? How am I supposed to feel about this?

Uh, angry. Duh?

I frowned and sighed, running my hands over my face. I'm cold, hurting, and confused. What should I do? Should I run after her? Should I wait for her to call me? Was she going to be okay? Did she regret kissing me?

I brought my fingers up to my lips, feeling how cold and wet they were. Despite the rain, I could feel her. I could still feel her against my lips. Her soft lips, moving in sync with mine as she held me...

Pervert.

I sighed once again, realizing what I needed.

A hot shower.

I walked over to the closet that held my towels and sheets, pulling out the last clean towel. I walked into my room and pulled out some cozy pajamas and underwear. I walked into my bathroom, turning around to lock the door.

I know I live alone, but I was still afraid someone might peek.

I turned on the lights and set my stuff on the counter. I pulled the shower curtain back and turned the handle of the shower on, adjusting the temperature to warm but almost hot.

I stepped back and stripped off my wet clothes, leaving them on the floor. I stepped into the shower, feeling the sweet relief of warm water run down my back. Running my hands through my hair, my mind drifted back to Blake.

What was I supposed to do now?

I grabbed the body soap and poured some onto my hands, rubbing it all over my body.

Would she call?

I rinsed the soap off, watching all of the bubbles go down the drain. Pouring some shampoo into my hand, I started scrubbing the soap into my hair. Once my entire head was covered in soap, I tilted my head back into the water.

Would Victoria hate me?

I squeezed some conditioner onto my hand, closing the cap and putting it back onto the little rack. I rubbed the soap into my hair, making sure not to miss any loose strands of hair.

What would Peter, Hunter, and Claire think of me now?

I rinsed my hair out once again, sighing at the water that ran over my body. Feeling content with everything washed and shaved, I turned the shower off. I pulled the curtain back and stepped out of the shower carefully. I wrapped a towel around my body, stepping over my wet clothes and in front of the mirror.

What would my mother think of me?

I sighed and dried my body off, dropping my towel by my wet clothes. I slipped on my underwear, tugging them up to my hips. I pulled on my fluffy pants onto my legs, smiling at the pattern of rainbow cats and white background.

I slipped my long sleeve, white t-shirt on, pulling it over my torso. I grabbed my wet clothes and unlocked the bathroom door, walking across my apartment to put my clothes in the washer. I poured some soap and turned the washer on, feeling the vibrations of the machine under my feet.

I yawned and walked back into my room. I grabbed my phone turning it on to see no notifications. I know it might be for the best, but I haven't heard from my mom or my brother since I left.