Chapter Thirteen

Sophia Woods' Point of View

I sat across from Blake as she ate her tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich that I had made for her. She seemed to be genuinely enjoying it, almost like I had made it in a special way. Which I hadn't, just the way that I normally make it. 

I smiled as she sighed after sitting up. She had a small smile on her face that warmed my heart. I was so glad she was feeling a little better. Food can be a heart healer.

"Good?" I pushed up my glasses and smiled as she quickly nodded before taking a drink of her water. 

"It was amazing. I don't remember the last time someone cooked food that good... Except maybe Peter. But this was still amazing. Thank you Sophia." She got up from her chair and picked up her dishes, setting them into the sink. She leaned against the counter and looked at me. I smiled at her before I realized that I haven't checked the time since I got here.

I pulled out my phone and saw that it was already five o'clock. I knew I had to get home so I could do my homework for the weekend and so I could feed my little Angel.

"Something wrong?" I looked up from my phone to see Blake looking at me in confusion and concern. I glanced down at my phone before looking at her again. I put my phone into my back pocket before giving her my full attention.

"Y-yeah. Everything's alright. I was just checking the time." I started to fidget with my hands as I thought of how to tell her. "Um, I'm going to have to leave in a bit though." I hid behind my hair as I looked down.

I didn't want to leave, but I knew I had to. I had to go home and make sure Angel had food and water. I'll probably have to change his cage too. And I have to do my homework for this weekend. But would Blake be okay? Would she back to being depressed by Monday? I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion as I thought of something. What if I took her out of the house tomorrow? She probably hasn't left since Saturday so, it would be a good idea if she left. Right?

"Oh, uh, that's okay. Your mom is probably worried about you. Maybe some other time, yeah? Don't worry about it." She gave me a genuine smile and I slightly flinched.

She probably is.

"Y-yeah..." I whispered as I looked at the floor and picked at my fingernails. I heard her walk into the living room and plop onto the couch. My eyes widened as I realized a really good idea. I stared out her kitchen window as my mind began to think about something. If I was going to take her out of the house tomorrow, why leave her here alone? Would she be okay with that? Or would she think I'm a creep? Well, I guess there's only one way to find out.

"W-wait!" I said a a little louder than I meant to. I quickly walked over to the living room and stood in front of her. "W-would you want to g-go somewhere with me t-tomorrow?" I picked at my fingernails as I looked at her with hope. Her face seemed to brighten up as she nodded.

"Yeah, where too?" She said as she sat up a little. Should I tell her? No, maybe I can surprise her.

"Well, I thought m-maybe I could surprise y-you." I looked down and hid behind my hair. Should I tell her the rest? Would she guess? "A-and I thought s-since I would h-have to drive back h-here tomorrow... Maybe y-you could just come with m-me? I-I mean y-you could always say n-no b-because we j-just met a-and-" I stopped talking and took a shaky breath, covering my face with my hair.

"Sophia?" I looked past my hair to see her standing in front of me now. She had a small smile on her face as she slowly took my hands into hers. Her blue eyes held such an intensity of emotion that I couldn't quite explain. "That sounds wonderful." She spoke softly before giving me a tight hug. Before I could hug her, she pulled back and let me go. "I'll go get my stuff." She said before turning to go upstairs. I pushed my glasses up my nose as I thought of something.