Chapter 21 - Magick Release

Dedicated to Basil-Momma for showing Lycin some love. :D

Human version Kota by PaigeyLou

21.

Magick Release

Sianna scowled at Kota's words. There was nothing welcoming about waking up in another realm, surrounded by darkness and floating fairy corpses for light. She noticed the majority of them were gathered around the Rhokin. Several orbs floated around Deneck's arms while the fairies favored Calera's exposed leg. Reth's face appeared like a stained glass window from all the orbs hovering around his head. One, a light blue light, landed on his cheek and his eyes opened.

Reth sat up, scattering the revenants, and gazed around. His face was devoid of any astonishment. When he saw Sianna and the rest, he stood up.

"Had sweet dreams?" Kota asked him as he approached them.

Reth frowned at her. "I do not dream."

"No surprise there."

Sianna stared at Reth's bare chest. "Iari, where are our clothes? Supplies?"

He looked at her sheepishly. "It was 'ard movin' things."

"Moving?"

Iari scrunched up his face, setting his scars array across his skin. "I can' describe it any other way. The magick is what moved everythin', but I 'old it what to move. It was 'arder movin'...things than bodies." He gave Kota a look.

The Nayichi shrugged. "I gathered whatever food I could and put it in that bag. I also grabbed your own personal trunks. Iari needed them in the same room with him."

"You were sneaking in our rooms?" Sianna scowled.

Kota grinned. "You looked so adorable nuzzled up against Reth. Were you cold?"

Her frown deepened. "Keep your jokes to yourself, Nayichi."

Iari sighed. "Please stop fighting."

"We're not fighting. I need to find my sword first."

"Abou' that. It seems Armadura is really 'ard to move."

Sianna stared at the user. Aside from her mother's necklace, her armor and black bladed sword were the only possessions she cared about and actually feared losing. "What happened to my things?"

He looked away. "I was only able to move a few pieces."

"Which pieces?"

"The gauntlets."

"Only?"

Iari gave a hopeful smile. "I was able to move the swords."

Sianna's disappointment alleviated a bit. "Where are they?"

"Where is what?" Aldermeck said, appearing next to Sianna. She was in plain cotton clothes, robe gone.

"Meryl, we're in Ayodite." Iari smiled at her.

Her blue eyes followed a fairy that flew around Kota's shoulder. "I can see that." She focused on Sianna. "We need to wake everyone and gather our bearings. Where are our belongings?"

"That's what I was asking Iari just now," Sianna said.

Kota sighed and pointed behind her where the faint silhouettes of wooden trunks rested up against the deep darkness around them. "Your belongings are there. Now leave the poor boy alone. He was the one that insisted on bringing them for you. I thought it to be a waste of time."

Aldermeck gave Kota a stern look but went towards the piled trunks. Sianna was about to follow when she noticed Reth was gone. She turned around to see the Rhokin by the now awake and standing Deneck.