chapter 24

"WHAT" I shouted.

"What did you do?" I exclaimed.

"I just warned him to not come near you. That's it. You are over exaggerating" he murmured.

"I am over exaggerating or you are? Why would you told him something like that? He was my only friend in this place and you even told him to stay away from me" I pouted at the end angry at him.

"Yes that was the problem, you were getting close to him and I didn't liked it a bit." He huffed.

"You are just jealous" I told him.

"N-no I am not" he stuttered.

"Come on just accept that" I said smiling a bit.

"No I wasn't, okay. I just didn't like it you were trusting him when you should be trusting me. So I told him to stay away from you" he said like it wasn't a big deal.

"Of course I would trust him. Why would i trust you? You were so scary back then." I teased him hiding my smile.

"No I am not scary okay" he said not liking the idea of me calling him scary.

"No you were scary. You can ask anyone"

"Well for them I can be but not for you. I was always in control with you apart from one time which I regret to this day " he said, his eyebrows furrowed he whispered the last part but I still heard it. I know he is sorry for that day and I have already forgiven him for that.

"Okay" I accepted.

"Okay?" He asked slightly confused.

"Yes" I smiled.

He smiled back at me. Oh that breathtaking smile, it always got me.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Xander is taking me to someplace and he is not telling me where. I can see he is nervous, he has been quiet since the morning. We are on our way since 7:00 am amd now its 12. He woke me up at 6 telling we have to go and I wasn't that happy about that but I had completed some of my sleep in the car.

"How much long would it take?" I asked for the nth time.

"Not long" he said.
.
.
.
.
.
"we are here" he told me.

As I looked up I saw that it was a cementary.

"Why are we-we here?" I don't get why he brings me here.

"I want you to meet someone" he said.

I didn't speak anything I waited for him to take wherever he want to and to meet the person. He took me in front of a grave which was named Mrs.Grace knight.

"S-she is your mother. Your mother's dead" I was shocked.

I didn't know she was dead.

"I was here yesterday. I was missing her so I came here to meet her. But then I felt like you should also meet her. She would have loved you. She always wanted a daughter" he said with a sad smile. I can tell how much he loves her and misses her.

I don't know what to say but I just hold his hand in mine and gave him a reassuring smile.

After some time we were on our way back home. I wanted to say so much to him but I don't know where to start. I will wait for him to open up he had told me this so he will tell me everything else too when he will be ready.

"Thankyou for taking me there" I was really happy that he took me there and show me a part of him.

He smiles at me. We didn't talk all way back after that but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence. We both were in our own thoughts. When we reached home we straight went to our room. He sat on the bed.

"Come here" he pats beside him motioning me to sit there and I obliged.

"When I was 12 I lost my mother. Our life was not that good. My father was a leader at that time. He is the most cruelest person I had ever seen in my life. He wanted to make me like him but my mother never wanted this life for me. They would always fight on that. My father never loved her. He married her just for the alliance. She was the daughter of another strong mafia. It was a plain arranged marriage. He used to hit her whenever he was drunk. He never cared for her. I told my mother that we should leave him and go somewhere away from him because I couldn't take him hitting her. But she would always say that no matter what he is her husband she would never leave him. Not until one day when he came with a women in our home. She told him to take her out of the home but he hit her in front of her not caring that I was also there and then he took her to their room. My mother was crying uncontrollably. I kneel infront of her and told her not to cry. That day I saw her break. I never saw my mother that broke in my life but that day my father broke her. And-and next morning we found her de-ad dead in her room. She took her life bella she took her life. She didn't care for me. She left me with my father alone. I tried to hate her at first but I couldn't. I couldn't" he was crying.

I was also crying how could someone do that to a wife. I could only imagine how a 12 year old boy would have taken this. Now I knew why he is the way he is. His father made him like that. He took her mother from him.

"I am sorry" I hugged him hard trying to calm him.

"At least now she is free" he whispered.

"Yes she is" I said.