chapter 18

After dinner we came back, none of us talked throughout our way back. I am confused, I don't know what I feel. My feelings toward him are getting stronger but this all seems wrong. This is all too much, this world and all these people in this world, it is complicated. I wish someone would be there for me to guide me through this, to tell me what is right and what is wrong.
In the morning when I woke up he wasn't beside me. After getting ready for the day I started going toward kitchen to get my breakfast. When I reached there I saw Mason sitting on the stool by the counter having his breakfast. I haven't seen him for days, I feel like he is ignoring me but I don't know the reason.

"Hey, Good morning" I said to him.

"Good morning" he said, briefly looking at me and then continue eating his breakfast.

Okay, I got the message. He doesn't want to talk. His behavior hurts,he was my first friend here or ever and now it seems I have lost him too. I don't feel like eating anymore so I turn around to go out of the kitchen.

"Hey you are not having your breakfast?" He asked.

"No I am not hungry anymore" I said.

He looks concerned and confused but then he masks his emotions and nodded. I sighed and went to my dad's room. After sometime a maid came to call me. She said Xander is asking for me downstairs. He had some guests with him.

"Okay I'll be right there" I told her.

I stood up to go to see why he is calling me but when I reached there, I ran up to the person standing infront of Xander into their arms.

"Grandpa thank God you are here, you know how much I have waited for you. I know you are here to take me and dad back" I said happily then I saw grandma standing beside grandpa, her eyes filled with unshed tears. I hugged her and she hugged me back.

"I missed you" I started crying, thank God they are here now we will go away from here and everything will get back to normal.

"Bella how are you?" Grandpa asked me patting my head affectionately.

"I am good" I told him.

"When are we going?" I asked him.

They both shared a look which I don't comprehend. Then grandma cleared her throat.

"Bella my child, sorry but we can't take you with us. We just wanted to see you" she said.

"What do you mean you are not taking me with you? Do you know who he is? He is a criminal. You can't leave me and my dad here. Please take us with you" I said pointing towards Xander. This can't be true, they will not leave us here.

"We know who he is and we also know that now he is your husband. We can't do anything now. I am sorry child" grandpa said.

I can't believe they are doing this to us. I look towards grandma to see if they are serious about this but one look at her and I know that they are not lying. They will leave us here.

"Why are you doing this? Please take us with you. We can't live here" I said, my tears flowing through my eyes.

"I am sorry baby. We can't do anything, we want to take you with us but now you are his wife. Our hands are tied." She said.

I look towards Xander to see hurt in his eyes, he was looking at me. I know he is hurt by my words but it's the truth he is a criminal. We can't be together, it's not possible. I will always have my doubts about him. I can't just accept my feeling like that, I have to be practical. Now I know why he was so eager to marry me, he knew once we get married nobody will be able to take me away from him.

"Then why are you here?" I asked seething with anger.

I am angry at them if they can't take us with them then why are they here. I don't want them. My grandma start to come towards me but I stopped her.

"No don't, I don't want you here if you can't help me. You can go now" I said

"Please don't do this, you know we love you" she said.

"I don't think so" I retort.

With that I turn around and ran towards my dad. Now he is the only person who will help me get out of here but I have to wait for him.
.
.
.
.
.
When I woke up, I was on the chair beside my dad's bed. I remember sitting here, talking to my dad but I don't know when I dozed off. I look at my father slightly wishing that he is awake but to my dismay he was soundly sleeping as he was from the past 2 months. Some traitorous tears fell from my eyes. I am alone, I don't know what to do or what to feel. As I was lost in my thoughts I felt slight movement on bed. I look up to see my father slightly trying to open his eyes and then he looks towards me and my face lit up to see him awake.

"Princess" he said.

"Dad you are awake" I said standing up and walking towards him. I can't believe my eyes, he is awake. My prayers have been answered.

"Wait wait I'll call doctor" I told him and ran out of the room to find the nurse who is taking care of him since the day he is been here.

As I was running I bumped into a hard wall, which was Xander.

"What happened? Are you okay? Why are you running like that?" He asked with concern.

"Yes my dad he-he is awake. Please call the doctor" I said.

I saw felicity, my dad's nurse coming towards us. I ran towards her.

"Felicity my dad is awake, please come with me" I said pulling her with me towards his room. I want her to check him and see if he is alright.

When we reached towards him, I let felicity to walk infront of me so she can check up on him. As she was checking my dad was continuously staring at me. She said he is alright so I sit beside him taking his hands in mine. I started crying.

"I missed you dad. Don't you dare leave me like that again. You don't know how much I cried" I said sobbing.

"My little princess, please don't cry. I'm here with you now" he said with a weak smile.

It's good to hear his voice again after all this time.

"I am sorry dad, I will never force you to take me anywhere from now . This all happened because of me. If I wouldn't have told you that, this all wouldn't have happened" I said.

"No it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself" he said.

My dad looked behind me and I followed his gaze to see Xander.

"Who are you?" He asked.